Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you prefer?

hi all

i wonder what you guys prefer when it comes to songs.
    for the questions just check the poll [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I'm asking because i have a new band and we can't really decide how our songs should sound like (mostly because we all have different backgrounds.....i'm very death/thrash influenced, our singer is more into classic metal a la maiden, the bassist is also very thrash influenced, and our drummer is into that newer metal crap...but he's a great player and enjoys basically everything as long as it is heavy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). so i'm asking you what you would like to hear lol. i GUESS that in the end we will play some speed or thrash metal stuff, but those two subgenres are very diverse...so your answers will further determine which direction our band will take [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i'd greatly appreciate any kind of input

greets
    Melody (maiden etc)
    0%
    Riffs (slayer)
    0%
    technical
    0%
    straightforward
    0%
    clean
    0%
    harsh
    0%

Re: what do you prefer?

Actually it kinda depends on my mood, more than anything...

Comment

Holy crap thats difficult for me to answer. I love both Maiden and Slayer equally too which makes it worse.

Comment

I chose riffs, technical, clean. Though, I also love, melody, straight forward and hard. Maybe a mixture of all of them! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I wouldn't force yourself to sound a certain way, you'll end up kicking yourself if it doesn't work out. Just jam together and see what you come up with.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Have the same deal goin' on in my camp ...screw it play whatever comes natural ...blend it all together ..

You can be technical and straight forward at the same time ..

There is some very straight forward metal tunes that the riffs are pretty complicated to execute when I'm not warmed up.. along the lines of Nevermore / Arch Enemy I suppose.

Mix it up ...it'll give your music a lot of dynamics not found in a lot of new bands..

There is no rules...use clean and dirty vox for example ..

some albums sound like one long boring song ..all they songs sounds exactly the same...

I love Lamb Of God but even they get old after a long listen..

your band should be a collective personality of all your influences..IMO.

just a thought ...that's how I approach it anyway.

Have fun and keep it heavy!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X