No announcement yet.

Poll: How are you voting this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Poll: How are you voting this year?

Btw, about the Libertarian/Liberal thing... Ever heard of classical or neoclassical liberalism? Look it up. Also look up Edmund Burke and conservatism. America, in its conception, was an extraordinarily liberal nation, compared to European conservatism (particularly England). (There has always been some contention, though... remember the Whigs and Tories, Federalists and Anti-Federalists?) However, over time, that liberalism became the norm here, and, since one could boil conservatism down to meaning "accepting those things already in practice", liberalism became our conservatism. Those who challenged AMERICAN conservatism became known as liberals, as they advocated change from the norm. Originally, Democrats were the American conservatives, while Republicans were the radical party (later, Progressives, et cetera). Somewhere along the line, though, they switched sides. Democrats took on the characterists of the Prgoressives (the party I blame for nearly all of America's economic and social ills), fighting for the little guy, while the Republicans became the stodgy old farts, looking out for wealthy, claiming to protect America's Constitutional tradition, hawking defense. Neither party is truly liberal anymore, though, and both are unbelievably corrupt and unConstitutional in their approaches to politics. They both encourage far too much bureaucracy to be truly liberal. Hence, the Libertarian party, liberating America from the bipartisan chains that hold us down.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]

I don't think Kerry ever stated it would be a more 'sensitive' war, altho people who regard him as weak could perceive and present it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Lord, Charvelguy, you sound like PBS, CBS, ABC, and all of the other Kerry Campaign Media Outlets. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It is exactly what Kerry said. Here is a quote from CNN (not exactly a right-wing news org):

Last Thursday, Kerry told minority journalists at the Unity 2004 conference in Washington that "I believe I can fight a more effective, more thoughtful, more strategic, more proactive, more sensitive war on terror that reaches out to other nations and brings them to our side."

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies then! yes.. I listen to Public broadcasting a good deal.. it's usually the BBC too.

Comment

John Kerry is a joke.<PERIOD

Bush is demonstrating true leadership....you DO NOT achieve the ultimate job in the land, (after ex-President), by being stupid. He's a normal **** guy with BALLS and a no BS policy....like him or hate him..he sticks to his agenda and does what he tells you he is going to do....I find it refreshing....He reminds me of Frank the Tank also which is way cool.

The Democratic party is a **** shame...who gives a **** if Clinton got his stinger sucked......HE COMMITTED **** PERJURY BY LYING ABOUT IT....oh yeah...Bush is a liar....you **** liberal assholes! If I sound angry and harsh...you are right...I'm a registered independent with NO CHOICE. You **** liberal dipshits didn't even have the intelligence to put Lieberman beside Bush in the debates....he annoyingly talks so friggin' much but I believe wholeheartedly that that is a typical character trait of somebody that simply likes people...nothing less. I feel he truly loves this country and would have its best interest in mind agree or disagree with his policy. I won't even go into J. Kerry...he doesn't deserve the effort I've already put into studying this piece of ****. Maybe anybody planning to vote for him should research his past and challenge my conclusion that he is nothing more than a self serving grandstanding pile of ****. Everybody accusing Bush of censorship with the Howard Stern thing etc, should realize John Kerry wants to silence anybody that doesn't have the same war recollection that he has....damn I could go on and on... [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

kill'm
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jugga Jugga Jugga/Jugga Jugga Jugga/Jugga Jugga Jugga

Kill It, Kill It.

Bill, I figured you would eventually get to the Fight song.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Republican = Equal OPPORTUNITY

Democrat = Equal RESULT.....what a load of ****.

Comment

Personally I feel we should insert an American Flag in the sand.

Comment

killm

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

hey did you know that Cleveland ranks number one in the nation for Poverty ...just saw the good news on TV...I'm sure glad I got my money ..now these human turds want to take it ...I'd wipe my ass on a dollar before I give it to a human turd...but that's just me.

Kerry wants to miraculously cure this by raising minimum wage ...hmmmmm....stupid ass ...if that happends ..EVERYTHING goes up across the board ...stupid asses..it's all ratio now isn't it...DUH!!!!!!

I love making fun of the poor ...really , me and the family drive downtown on Sundays just to give Bums the finger and throw peanuts at them....it's a blast!!!

I hope he don't take that fun from me...I better post this on the political thread OK ...

Cut and paste time...

Later...

Comment

cuban missile crisis? [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

Kerry's such a phony tool..
                        He seriously is ....it's amazing how some people don't see this..
                        I would sincerely feel this way even if I was full blown Democrat...There has been some decent democrats IMO...this guy is not one of them..
                        any dems aggree with this ..Democrats really don't have a good canidate this year ...they really don't...
                        I'd pick Lieberman , **Edwards or Gore over this sap..probably even Clinton ...if that was the choice...
                        Not Dean he was a tool too...but even he was a 1/2 notch above Kerry...
                        How did Kerry get to this level (Heinz) ...this was not the best they had...I think Edwards was..
                        I put Kerry one notch above Sharpton and Dennis Kucinich...that's not saying too much

Just my honest opinion..just trying to look at it from the other side....Kerry is going to flop way before election time comes around..my prediction.

Comment

Well, I think your prediction will be wrong because Kerry has the salt to stick it out. I think it will be a typical election, probably resulting in a 3-4% margain but it could be a closer race depending how the campaign is handled on both sides. The protests in New York will probably turn unruly, I hope it doesn't but it has all the elements.
                          I hope people won't be stupid. Obviously, in all those people..what a place for a terrorist to slip into and start something. But this is what democracy is about..the right to peaceful protest.. so I hope they are cool headed.
                          I think Bush will win unfortunately, and, as a result of that.. there will be more threats of war, further international division between east & west and more threats of war...that is my prediction.

Comment

Wow there are some very good opinions, and I can tell you one thing. If all of the Bush supporters on here that have posted the replies I'm talking about, vote for Bush, he deserves your vote.

Understand, I'm a political organizer, but I don't push anything down anyones throats. I like the facts. I give you the facts, and if you make your choice, then great. Plenty of educated choices here.

My piece,

I don't think the war is an issue in my mind. I'm for helping Americans, here at home, you know, the country WE LIVE IN. I've got mixed feelings on the war, I don't say pull out until the job is done, but I don't exactly say we should be there.

My issues are more the ones,
                            Bush-Draft Dodger...but sends our boys to die. Vietnam vets live on streets, but a draft dodger lives in the White house.
                            Health-care, America is the only industrialized nation, without provided health care.
                            Jobs, The outsourcing of jobs is ridiculous.
                            Overtime, the legislation is not so much meant to hinder working families, it's meant to get people salary, who deserve it, however, it's getting many employees without a contract fukked, hard.
                            Unions, he wants to destroy them, love them or hate them, look what they've done, most of you probably don't remember, because you'd be near dead if you were alive in the depression. Kids would go to work around the age of 7. Work 10 hour-15 hour days. Now, that **** doesn't happen. People have safe work environments, and more importantly a wage that pays for food for a family.

I'm not saying unions have not had their crooked people, their fare share of people who are bad for them, but what I'm saying is they do more good than bad. Say what you will, but this is fact. Unions have helped many employees to NOT be ripped apart by their employers over stupid issues. They've kept people jobs when they were wrongly fired. Yes they keep on dead beats, but for the most part, they're needed. More importantly, if you say, my union didn't do **** for me, then your union wasn't doing it's job. Some unions, are crap.

I could care less how many times Kerry says, I was shot in the ass, on a swift boat, while doing 720's over a jump in a field full of Iraqi Charlie Iranian Bonsian white guys, I really could care less...why? Was Bush in Nam'?

Since Bush took office, jobs have been lost, people have died, our economy has went in the toilet...none of this is good. Kerry may not be God, but he has to be better, based upon the facts I've seen, that's where my vote will go.

I look for things to get worse if Bush gets re-elected. Because he has no worry of the next election. He knows, he can **** what he wants up and leave it for someone else. Then that paves the way for Hillary to win in 08.

Comment

Oh, god .. Hillary in the White House ... now THAT is a scary thought. That alone is almost enough to vote for Kerry. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

real metal heads vote bush !

Comment

Working...
                                X