HuntinDoug immortalized on Budmad TR cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HuntinDoug immortalized on Budmad TR cover

OK...Well maybe not immortalized, [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] but you get the idea. I sent these Budman TR covers off to my laser rep for testing before I purchase the machine.... It worked out pretty good. I'll have to dial in the settings a little better when I actually get the machine. This was just a test to see if the covers would burn.

The top piece is a bus. card sized piece of alder with my "huntinDoug" logo burned into it...turned out pretty cool. The TR covers are a left & a right. I didn't specify direction....Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] They were done with two different power settings. The heavier font was a little (OK...a lot) too hot. It cut down to the black layer, but left some charring, melting & discoloration. The other one is not bad. Nice and thin. I may have a problem with a black cover though. I will need the laser to cut thru the black, down to the white layer without discoloring it....we'll see I guess. Chock it up to R&D.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: HuntinDoug immortalized on Budmad TR cover

Way cool! And remember, "Charring, Melting & Discoloration" would be a great name for a trio!

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Another shot. This one on the SL2 I just got from Vwall.
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I'm impressed! That burned logo on the piece of wood looks very nice!
        Henrik
        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

The cover looks better on the guitar. I like them... great job!

Brian

Comment

Looking great Doug!
            Any way to know if the laser will burn it once the settings are tweaked..
            In other words, will the company selling you the engraver tweak it out and test it to see if they can get it to engrave the plastic w/o it burning???

Comment

Ehhhh, Prolly have to tweek it myself. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Looks great on the guitar. I like it.

Comment

Re: HuntinDoug immortalized on Budman TR cover

<font color="aqua">Ya know Doug, I kinda like the "charred" look [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I could definitely see how the black wouldn't work though. By the way, I had to fix the title also..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] </font>
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                  X