Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 GHS and Rapco at Wallyworld? - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GHS and Rapco at Wallyworld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHS and Rapco at Wallyworld?

Didja all hear that GHS strings and Rapco cables are for sale at Wal-Mart now?
    I have an article about it, but wasn't sure about posting it. Has this been talked about and I just slept through it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Grrrr.... this really makes me mad because I use GHS strings exclusively and it really burns me red to hear Wallyworld is carrying them. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Grrr.

Em

Re: GHS and Rapco at Wallyworld?

Just means they will be more widely available...what's so wrong with Wallyworld carrying them? Sam Goody already carries them. It's prolly because Wallyworld has that silly line of beginner guitars they carry...guess a lot of folks were asking if they carried strings and accessories too.

I use Boomers exclusively also...so I think it's nice to have a major chain carrying them...Wallyworld is open when all the music stores have closed, and I need a set of strings in a pinch.

Comment

I play GHS Boomers exclusively myself. However, there's no Wal-Mart in the city of Chicago. (the City is actually fighting Wal-Mart on opening a store here)
      Occupy JCF

Comment

eh, not so big on GHS strings myself, but I dig Rapco cables...

Comment

I saw them at my local Wal-mart a couple of months ago. Since I'm not anti-Wal-Mart in the first place I don't mind. I prefer D'Addarios myself but it's nice to know I can get a set of strings for $3.84 at 3:00AM if I need. Same with the cables.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Okay. Well I can see all y'all's point and all. Cool beans. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Just irks me because once again places like Wallyworld take business away from the smaller companies. JMHO.
            This coming from a Target fantatic, so go figure. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Hey, I dug Target when I lived in L.A., but the nearest one is 50 miles away and there are
              something like 6 Wal-Mart Supercenters between here and there, including one about 2 miles away. I don't think Wal-Mart is going to take business away from the real music stores, only from people buying beginner kits who maybe don't know or care where the real music store is, or from people needing strings at 9:00 PM. I think of it like 7-11 carrying guitar strings, except there are no longer 7-11 stores in this part of the country.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Cool. I've also used Boomers for years (also Carvin strings are Boomers in Carvin packaging [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). I was in Walmart over the weekend and did notice a couple beginner guitars, didn't really take notice if they had strings or not. Gotta see how less expensive they are next time I'm in there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If your Wal-Mart's like most, the strings and picks and cables will be hanging to the left of the electric guitars. Here the Boomers are $3.84 per set.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'll definitely have to check this week. That's a pretty decent price compared to GC or any other guitar shop. Though, Carvin still has them for like $2.99 a pack.

Comment

yes toejam, but no shipping and no waiting! I live near two SUpercenters, and never noticed any guitars-are they with the electronics?

Comment

True, no waiting or shipping. I believe the guitars were around the electronics section. I didn't really pay attention, and I don't go in there much, but I just needed a couple things real quick over the weekend and the girl I was with wants to learn guitar and happened to point out a few guitars on display and I glanced at them quickly.

Comment

We have crappy acoustic/nylon and electric guitars at our Wal-Marts and Radio Shacks here. Even Sears stores have them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

> At my local Wal-Mart,the guitars are on display up in the front next to the Vision Center,as a point-of-purchase type thing,and have yet to see strings or cables. When I first moved to Tennessee from Akron,Ohio,they carried Fender strings,which totally suck,plus straps,picks and stuff. For a LONG time,I had a hard time getting anything but GHS and D'Addario here,used to have my grandfather send me Dean Markleys a box at a time. Things have gotten some better here,but oddly enough I am not as particular about brands,as long as they aren't D'Addarios,and are roughly the same guage,.009-.046. I can get S.I.T's,Blue Steels,Boomers or Slinkys pretty reasonable here. Tommy D.
                            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Yeah, they're by the Vision Center in the front here too, and the strings, picks, tuners and cables hang on a rack to the left of the guitars themselves. They didn't have them there at first, and then they put the accessories at the opposite side of the Vision
                              Center, then they moved them next to the guitars themselves. The tuners are way overpriced considering you can get a QT-1 for $10. I think they were like $34 or something.

True, Carvin strings are cheaper, but they charge $7.99 minimum shipping, right? If you buy a dozen sets you'd come out ahead, but one or 2 sets at a time you'd be best off buying them from Wal-Mart.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X