X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the worst guitar you played

me it has to be the kay sg copy i bought in the pub
    for a £5 the action must of been at least 2inc of the
    fret i poured petrol on it and set it ablaze shiiiiiit [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: whats the worst guitar you played

Bond Electroglide

Comment

WHen I first showed interest in playing guitar, my mother's friend's husband ( uncle's cousin's former roomate) loaned me a "DeGas" acoustic guitar that must have been in his attic for 30 years. It was unplayable-action was at least one half inch over the 12th fret. It also had that "grandma's attic" smell to it. Almost made me fear the instrument as a whole.

Comment

I don't even know where to begin... If I had to pick a brand, I'd say Hondo.

Comment

I guess that depends on whether you you mean "What's the worst guitar-period" or "What's the worst guitar made by a reputable company, which someone is expected to pay good money for"
          Like most of us, I haved owned and played some truly horrible cheap stuff, but there's also some Gibsons and Fenders on my list!
          I also owned a Bond Electraglide once. Jeez, what a pile that was... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I don't even know where to begin... If I had to pick a brand, I'd say Hondo.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was exactly what I was going to say... played a hondo les paul and the only thing I remember was that I was not able to play it... says 'nuff

harrald

Comment

Yeah ...my worst guitar was a Hondo Explorer. As a kid...it looked killer, then my tastes for guitars changed rapidly.

Comment

...anything Les Paul shaped [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

R

Comment

My old Kramer Vangaurd bass (my first real bass)....totally neck heavy ....let go the neck and it drops to the floor...no balance whatsoever..and they sound like crap..

but they are probably worth some dough now...

I hated my old NJ series metallic pink Warlock with Kahler...dumped that one quick!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

An 88 Charvel Model 6. I have 2 Model 6s from 1986, and I love them. I got the 88 thinking it would be the same except with a Floyd. Even after swapping out that cheap assed JT6 for a Kahler it was still crapola. You know what they say, you can polish a turd, but its still a turd.....
                    Maybe it wasnt the worst, but it was certainly a huge letdown. Im sure the Raven I had was much worse, but I didnt expect it to be good, I expected it to be the piece of **** it was...............

Comment

it's a toss up, an archaic Aria Diamond semi hollow (go figure, I'm looking for another one now - my first guitar, so i want it for nostalgia purposes) or a Jackson JX-10.

i wanted the JX-10 to be cool. three single, 3x3 headstock, 24 frets...you know, a unique Jackson. that thing was sooo bad in every possible way: splotchy paint, fret ends that sliced my fingers open, wouldn't intonate, knobs that looked like they were 10 cents from a gumball machine, a flimsy selector switch, tuners that slipped...really, no redeeming factors I sent it back after three days...i've been scared of import Jacksons ever since!!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

A BC Rich NJ. Don't ask me specifically what the name of it was, those pointy guitars just don't appeal to me so I never take note. This thing had the worst fret job, the action was way high even when you lowered the brige, the bridge had rough spots that always broke strings and the pickups squeeled at anything over bedroom level.

Luckily it was not mine, my bud's gotta suffer with that POS.
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Some blue ibanez strat looking this called a Rocker. It was my first guitar, it has since been set ablaze and smashed, I keep it in my room as an ornament/souvenir. I actually love it now.

Comment

Just after I started playing, I tried out a friend's Hondo strat. Worst guitar ever, imo, with no close second. It's been over 15 years since then and I can still remember thinking "WTF, is this some kind of joke? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]" Now, that's a lasting impression. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the old cheap necks with no truss rods ...nice

warble warble warble ...

what's cool about those is one day your action is nice and low and the very next day nice it's a inch off the neck...nice. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X