whats the worst guitar you played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats the worst guitar you played

I had a standard Epi les paul ...I had a classic 57 pup thrown in and that damn thing sounded and played incredible..

but I sold it ...because it wasn't a "Gibson"..I'm funny like that. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Anyone have a Cort?

My first guitar was a white & black EVH striped Cort strat with one microphonic humbucker, locking trem that didn't stay in tune very well, & heavily clear lacquered maple neck.
      That was what I could afford when I was 12 years old in 1986. That guitar had all the right intentions, though.

Looking back, it played & sounded kind of bad but I wish I still had it.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Well, I can't say it was the worst playing guitar I had but it was definitely one of the worst purchases. I had a Memphis Les Paul copy that I just "had" to have when I was around 12 or 13. After I got it, I did my usual disecting of the poor instrument because I thought it'd be cool to take the covers off the humbuckers. Well, to my surprise, the pickups were actually just single coils under the humbucker covers and it scared me for life [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's a pic on the back of my sisters Camaro:

</font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          a Gibson Les Paul....? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Kiss....? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Ace ....? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

huh.....? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... just because I like Kiss and Ace, doesn't mean I gotta like what he plays.
          I mean, I am a huge George Lynch fan, but you won't catch me playing an ESP.

Nope, I'll just stick to what I like... Jackson/Charvel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm. It's a tossup:

ESP Lynch Kamikaze (neck is waaaaaay too wide)
            NAMM EVH II (just kidding)
            1989 Turquoise/Black Crackle ESP neckthrough Soloist copy (with Jackson headstock) - felt like a brick with strings on it and sounded like crap.

You remember Rudy Sarzo's pointy Washburn bass with the B/W Rising Sun graphic? I played the guitar that matched that. Played like crap. The bass played great, but the guitar was a waste of everything.

And then there was the Global Strat with the 1/4" nitro clearcoat on the maple board. Popped a string on it and it stuck in the clearcoat. Had to pull it out with pliers.

I had an Arbor Star bass once. Action from hell but it would sustain for several minutes at least [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the Jackson DR3 I bought 4 years ago. I sold the awful thing after 3 months and bought my usa soloist

Comment

Anyone remember those old cheap Crestlines ...

and the ol' Kay guitars were classic..real ugly bastages...my friend had a baby blue one with like 17 frets or somethin'..!!!

These were the standard "cheapies" when I first started playing ...Crestline , Kay , Trump , Memphis.

I did have a decent playing natural Explorer with no name on it ...I had no idea what the hell it was ...but it was my best friend for a year ...that I'll always will remember..I still don't know what it was ...It had no name anywhere on it ..the headstock was blank .. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

anything from Stagg or Cort sucks big time
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Lotus Melody Maker. Had a cousin take it apart to fix his Hondo II Les Paul ( another worst).

Comment

I'll take a high end Cort over a Samick any day. Some of the neck thru and set neck Cort I've played have been very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X