FLAMESUIT ON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: COURT JESTER SUIT ON!!!!

Well I by no means worship every solo Ed has done. But were is a nice melodic Angus Young solo? lol Your talking personal preference Matt. If I went personal preference the best live players I have seen aren't even in the rankings. I love Lynch's stuff. But Live Criss Olivia smoked him. Best live player I have ever had the pleasure seeing. Him and Gene Allen and Alex Nelson of Lizzy Borden.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Listen ...I can can dig where NEWC is comin' from..

He basically like an older generation of very important players ...

the very players that shaped and sparked ED and many others ...

At the time Page / Beck / Clapton / Hendrix / ..a little later on Blackmoore and Iommi...kept taking guitar to the next level ...Hendrix was No # 1 ...he took it to a level never heard or seen at that time...he's very important ...his feel / fire and aggression fueled what was to come..

What came was Ed ...Ed was the new Jimi ...he dominated the scene until shred became very popular and a guy named Mike Varney who was a major fan of this new art of shred promoted this worldwoide..in 1983 he discovered Yngwie Malmsteen and 18 year old swede with the fire of Ed and the classical skills of paganinni...yes Uli was doing this for years with the scorps and then his Electric Sun in 1978 ..(his wife painted that artwork on his 1st solo and titles it "Rising Force")...but Yngwie brought to the forefront and inspired another generation of sweep pickers and neo classical virtuocity..I wish Uli would have got credit personaly but he didn't...yngwie did ...then a wave of player came out 1985 was an unbelievable year for the dawn of the new wave of shred...that year MacAlpine / Vinnie Moore / Chastain / Greg Howe and such were introduced....then it soon snow balled and then we got that 16 year old Paul Gilbert on Street Lethal / Jason Becker / Freidman and so on

The very three most inluential guitarist of all time amoung many more greats ...would have to be ..

Jimi / Ed / Yngwie / ...those three alone inspired just about everything across the board and raised the bar of how far you can take the guitar

it's still evolving ...there is many players that took this ball and ran with it ...I do know of these players but Unfortunately readers polls are popularity contest and not talent contest ...

amoung the very best of modern greats would have to be Olaf Lenk , Magnus Karlsson , Jeff Loomis , and other well knowns such as Satch , Vai and company ....all of whom were inpired by those very three above major players ..

Jimi , Ed , Yngwie....they have shaped what guitar has become ..

I'm tempted to say Iommi because of his mishap ...he tuned his strings down to D and acheived a sound so powerful and Dark , none like we never heard before....and basically invented heavy metal....unknowingly ..

That's my thoughts...,
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

LOOMIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy **** he is awseome but matt briody from jag panzer is just as good. nobody seems to like alexi anymore.

Comment

Alexi is great but he pales in comparison to loomis ...

and it's Chris Broderick that you're refering to ...he replaced Joey Tafolla in Panzer ...they guys were bummed out when Joey left ...but Chris busted ass and came a long way...Chris also fill in for Rythm guitar for Nevermore...

BTW ...check out Jag Panzer's age of Mastery ...I'm in the thank you credits...not by name ....but you'll see it ...it's obvious. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BTW ...John posted some of my Bed Of Nails demo and my old Van Halen tribute stuff here...

I would post 'em again in a heartbeat...but I don't have the means too...John does that crap for me..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              All I have available for listening is something I did back in '88, I was about 18 or 19 years old. Really did'nt have clue what I was doing. So remember you asked for it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My solo is the second one. Really bad song from the 80's

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, I liked that! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah it yook me forever to download but it's good!

Comment

VanO - Pretty good [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Man, you guys are fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In case you missed the Thread Title change, I'm obviously kidding [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There's no way I'd go out and buy BRAND NEW CDs of people I don't like, much less sit here for hours and go through each disc listening to each song just to write a lengthy critique of every song on every disc [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  It's like going to the zoo and throwing rocks at the monkeys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for playing fellas - gave me something to do on my days off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

p.s. You still want the Rhoads critique? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Awwwwww, whassamatter fellas? No twisted sense of humor? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

<--- flings his poop at Newc. eeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee monkeys eh?

Comment

VanO - that was excellent. Very cool stuff.

Newc... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Re-read your own reviews

Your conclusion (that EVH's soloing is overrated) is not supported by your critiques. Re-read your own reviews. Your attempts to denigrate these solos usually end up with you admitting you're wrong ("admittedly suitable," "admittedly it's full of tricks and technique," "actually very good," etc. or just making some unsupported statement that says you don't like it.

I disagree with your conclusion, but there's nothing to argue about here, since it's just a bunch of unsupported opinions. Oh well, I guess everyone's entitled to one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Re-read your own reviews

My opinion is that NEWC is coo coo... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't think there is enough ass in his diet ...NEWC you need to get yourself a nice girl and eat her ass...you'll probably like Van Halen then... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe too much of the wrong kind of ass? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

i think you're barking up the wrong tree newc. EVH is lauded around the world as a virtuoso by his peers.
                                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                                X