FLAMESUIT ON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: COURT JESTER SUIT ON!!!!

I think Newc was back peddeling and covering his ass.

"Uh, guys, I was joking! Really!!"

Yeah, right... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't play one cover all the way thru ...

but I want to learn my very first cover song at my old age ...and that would be Coroner's "son of Lilith"...I LOVE that song ...one of my favorite songs of all time!

John is great with the cover songs ...'Tage , Halen , Sabbath , slayer...all that stuff ...

Not me ...just originals ...that's it.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I think Newc was back peddeling and covering his ass.

"Uh, guys, I was joking! Really!!"

Yeah, right... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah uh huh - Chuck's got me pegged [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Seriously, Chuck, when I voice an opinion on something sucking, I stand by it. Yes I do feel that while Eddie got the ball rolling, others took it and did it cleaner and better in their own contexts, I don't dislike EVH. If I didn't like Ed I would not have jumped at the chance to have my picture taken at NAMM holding the VHII Charvel; I'da just passed it off to someone else. I took more pics of those two guitars than I did of the others (though they all look pretty much the same, and one of my camera's cards crapped out).

As for being a cover vs originals player, I know a bunch of covers (Sabbath mostly), and there are others I've learned most parts of, but there are two players which I didn't see any sense in learning their songs note for note - Rhoads and EVH. When I think of how many Sabbath songs I can play note for note, I start thinking that I could replace Iommi in Sabbath. That's a little more possible than replacing Rhoads or Ed, even though it'll never happen.

As an aside, waaaaay back when I was a kid I heard Ozzy left Sabbath and was starting his own band. I was a huge Sabbath fan even then (12 years old) and thought "Man, Ozzy screwed up - he'll never have anything as good as Black Sabbath". When a friend of mine let me hear a song from "Blizzard Of Oz", I told him "That sucks. It doesn't sound like Sabbath" and didn't listen to those two albums until about 1983 or 4 because the guy wasn't even trying to sound or play like Iommi [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X