Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to the ground side baby

Well, it has finally come.

I am going back to the ground side of the Marine Corps [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I should be leaving the Air Wing to 2d Marine Division in October to deploy with the Battalion (I don't know which one yet) somewhere. I don't know if it will be Iraq, Afghanistan, or [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I've been with the Wing for 8 years now, and it is simply a need of change. I have pretty much done everything I can do here with my job assignment, and it is time to get back to what we do best, deploy and fight our country's battles.

I'm actually psyched, Mrs LPC isn't quite as excited as I am tho [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

I should have computer access whereever we go, so I can keep in touch with all you knuckleheads [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

**WARNING** Mrs LPC will probably become neck and neck with Toejam for posts and will probably eventually break out of the "basement" and haunt the rest of the JCF threads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll keep you posted [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Going back to the ground side baby

Well Sam, you take care of yourself, it looks like something that you feel you need to do, I really respect that. God bless you brother and God bless America! Come back nah, ya hear?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

all the best Sam. You know Krista is in good hands here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Damn LPC did not know you were a grunt. I should have posted the earlier Marine Corps Grunts . This is a mostly Marine group for gamers.

Comment

<font color="yellow">I've kinda felt funny since Sept 11th....ya know....I was at my desk the morning of the attack. I remember walking down to the Ready Room and watching the TV monitors in disbelief, as they replayed the first and second planes hitting the WTC.

Then, we lost an entire C-130 and aircrew in Afghanistan....some of whom I knew and reenlisted within months of it happening [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I feel kinda left out. This is all I've known for the last 11 years of my life...it's what I am, who I am..I dunno...it is hard to explain.

If they will let me, I want to go out on some of the patrols/ops over there. This sounds horrible, but you NEVER feel as alive as when **** is going on around you. It is incredible...It's like everything is in slow motion, you can hear everything, your heartbeat, your breathing, you just pulse with energy when you are getting shot at/shooting back. I know, I sound certifiably insane....maybe I am to an extent....but it is the ultimate rush.

I hate those cowardly pricks that attack us from behind women and children. I hate that they are using improvised explosives to take out our people and innocents. They have no honor or values. They have kicked a sleeping dog in the nuts, well, this dog is up and fighting.

I know what I am going into...I have been shot at, I have killed, and I held a dying Marine in my arms in Africa. I know the possibility of what can happen. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I may not like all the decisions our leaders make, I may not agree with a bunch of stuff, but I do love this country, I love our ideals, our freedom, our democracy. That, I will willingly die for, or for any of my brothers in arms. I love being a Marine, it is a title which is earned, it has a history rich in valor and sacrifice which is being carried on by todays warriors. Semper Fi is simply not just a Latin expression, it is our code, our beeing, our lifeline to the past.

</font>

Comment

Take care, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'll let Mrs. LPC out of the basement once in awhile and keep her company for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I second that! God Bless you for your service! Be safe, kick maximum ass, and keep in touch with us! You're truly an American hero, Sam!

Best regards,

Rich
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

LPC- [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

You go do what you boys do best, and come home safe.
                My boy has been out there and did his time in the sandbox.
                If the Mrs. needs another military wife she knows where to find me. I know what its like on the home-end. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Good luck with you Sam!
                  When are you coming home?
                  Big Red will be waiting for you....or Big Butterscotch?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">Em...thanks girl...I'm sure Mrs LPC will be getting with ya.

She is sooooooooo not impressed with me now. I volunteered to go with the Bn and contacted my monitor personally to make it happen (be careful what you wish for kinda thing).

I'm not a hero....never have been [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] This is just what we are trained to do. It is not nice, it isn't pretty, it is ghastly at times, but we do it because 1)we are volunteers, 2)we are professionals, and 3)we believe in our country and our fellow serviceman...whatever branch they may be in.

I have met so many true heros since I have been in. One of my old Majors was a Silver Star recipient from the first Gulf War. I met a Corporal at our hospital who lost both his hands in Iraq somehow. A bunch of Marines in Nasireah could have had a free phone call home to their loved ones, they traded it in to call the parents of a buddy killed in the first few days of the fighting...they are hero's [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]. I am just a Marine doing what I was trained to do.

You can and should be proud of our young people in the service. They are often misjudged and chategorized. They are incredible. Our young leaders are responsible for so much, endure so much for little in return, and are performing incredibly.

</font>

Comment

Congrats on getting back to the real Marine Corps! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I wish you the best. Hopefully you will end up in Weapons company. They have it the hardest. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Hopefully you won't end up S-1.

Let us know what Battalion when you find out. Any one know where 1/8 is now?

Cool link VanOsbourne.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

<font color="yellow">I think it is gonna be 8th Marines, although it could be the 6th also [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I don't care to be honest.

With my job, I am always gonna be part of the Headquarters element, but that is cool. I should have a lot of down time to hook up with the patrols and ops side of the grunts.

I'm not a grunt by trade, was a 1345, now a 8421.
                        </font>

Comment

Wishing you the best from my end. For all you do this Buds for you [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . Thank You! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

EJ

Comment

Be safe, kick ass, and come home. In that order please [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey LPC - you take care. I was in SWA in Al Jubail at the end of Desert Storm with a bunch of Marines (I was a civilian). Nothing is more impressive than the men and women of our armed forces. They were the finest folks I've ever worked with. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

I took a couple road trips with the Marines as part of our work - Kuwait was one fukked up place - I can't believe what that place looked like. The "valley of death" was one of the most alarming things I've ever seen - it was scary even after the battle since there was live ordinance everywhere. One of the gunny's with us was nuts - he started firing some of the Iraqi Russian surplus anti-aircraft guns like he was the Red Baron chasing Snoopy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

We spent a bunch of time with some SEALs and CBs - they were all great guys as well. Fortunately they had beer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - the damn Marines just had Scotch [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

If you have time before you ship out, I'd love to have you and Mrs. LPC over. And Mrs. LPC, you are welcome to come by anytime if you want to get away for a bit.

LPC you rock [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X