Going back to the ground side baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going back to the ground side baby

Mr LPC makes it sound like Im gonna be totally lost without him....in a sense, yes....Im not one to go shopping or anything by myself, so I can see it now....a year of work, home, work, home, work, home...I will probably not leave Havelock the entire time hes gone. But, thats a good thing...with all his tax free money and extra pay, my plan is to pay off the 7K we have in credit cards and loans (should take about 2 1/2 months), then buy the hell outta guitars....at least that gives him something to look forward to when he does come home (I NEVER say IF he comes home). You all know that when it comes time for me to start searching EBay for guitars, I will be sending links like its cool asking..."is this good??" is this worth it?? is this something he would want?? Just do me a favor, have respect for him and DONT SNIPE ME [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mrs LPC

Comment

Hey, I won't be buying for awhile unitl my disability is settled, so I'd be glad to help you shop. I couldn't snipe even if I wanted to. Maybe just ask Sam a few questions like what body shapes he likes in his guitars?Soloists, Dinky, Rhoads, King V, Star, Warrior, Kelly, etc... That info'd go a long way by itself. What colors he likes or dislikes in a guitar too.Does Sam dig signal processors and multi-effects devices?Or is he a straight guitar-to-amp kinda guy?Anyway, may the collective mojo of the JCF keep you both safe and sound until you're reunited (and it feels so good!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry, 70s guy here! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sam, with all of this political bullshit going around about democrats and republicans, who's better, Kerry sucks, Bush sucks, it was a great thing for me to read about your attitude about our country. You guys going over there and fighting for us is something that has been getting lost in the arguments about this war. I do not believe that any other country in the world has military forces that match the honor and integrity that ours has. I don't mean to disrespect any other countries, but this is my opinion and how I feel. You go over there, go out on patrol in your down time and do what it is that you were meant to do. Come home safe, Come home proud. God be with you.

Mrs LPC, hang in there. I know this can't be an easy thing far any spouse to go through. The JCF will be here for you for what ever you may need. Hang tight, he'll be back soon.

Jim
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

<font color="aqua">Wow, my friend, I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said. Just please stay safe and HEALTHY and get back home soon. We'll be thinking a lot about ya bro... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Keep your head down Sam!! Stay safe and Thank you for all that you and your feelow service me do to preserve our way of life. Every one of you guys is a hero in my book. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Be safe, bro - and watch out for those camel spiders!!
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks for the comments guys, you rock [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

OK...here is my dilemma. Krista (God love her [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) wants to buy BUNCHES of USA Jackson's/Charvels for me while I'm gone.

While that sounds great on the surface, I'd rather be choosy and have a smaller number of killer guitars and accesories. But, if she buys them for me, I'll keep them just because she bought them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Here is what I currently have so you can kinda get a feel for what I'm into.

87 Jackson Dinky Strat w/matching headstock
                88 Custom SL-1 reverse headstock
                98 Shannon Soloist(black) [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                60? Les Paul Custom (retired [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                Big Red Coming Soon [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Here is my "wish" list if she happens to see them.

1st Priority - JCF YCE if it happens again in the future
                2nd - San Dimas Charvel w/Floyd or Jackson San Dimas Strat
                3rd - PC-1 in preferably Chlorine or Red Rum
                4th - Mesa Boogie .22 Cal w/EQ for recording

I'm kinda "Soloist-ed" out with the reverse head and Shannon.....although I love them, more would be redundant.

I also wouldn't mind a blue Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (they are so gorgeous [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img])

So, kinda "steer" Mrs LPC towards those [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]although if I know her, I'll have a stable to come home to [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Good Luck and Be safe, Sam.....

BTW, My PC1 may be coming up for sale in the near future.... It's Rootbeer, though.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sam, Jim(sambencuda) has a Soloist from late 80's(88?) with a reverse headstock for sale.
                    You probably need to talk to him before you leave.

Comment

Hey, glad to hear that you want to visit my side of the USMC!! As a career planner, your not going to be in Weapons Company, you'll be in HQ company, but that doesn't mean you'll be in the rear with the gear. Honestly, it might be one of the safest places you can be, in a good way. If you read the news(which I do all the time), you'll read that most attacks are on convoys of supplies, and stuff like that. They target the weak and easy. You'll be surrounded 24/7 by around 700 heavily armed infantry Marines. From personal experience, I can tell you, we're bad motherfuckers, and the enemy knows that. While they plan attacks on vulnerable targets, your unit should be tracking down camps of insurgents and dealing with them more directly.

Despite my feelings about the context of this war, I can tell you that I have nothing but love for my brothers on the ground over there. I feel the same drive that you do to be over there. Those boys I trained are like my younger brothers, and I hate to think that they're over there without me. A large part of me wants to go over there and just protect everyone, US Military, civilians, innocent children. It's not a safe place right now, and we need good, compassionate people on the ground over there making the right decisions.

As for MRS LPC, if you feel it's OK, go ahead and post your mailing addy, after he's gone, and I for one will try and dig up something cool to send over there for him to look forward to coming back to. Also, MR LPC, post your FPO, orwhatever sort of address they give you over there, when you know it. Take care and come home safe!!

Comment

Without regard for my personal well being, I hereby volunteer to drive the 2 hours to Havelock weekly to play your guitars so they don't feel neglected. Please don't tell me what a noble gesture this is, it's something I feel I need to do for my country and it's the least I can do for a true American hero. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

C'mon down.....stop by and pick up HippieTim on your way and I will provide a keg....I wont mind a bit if you play his guitars...ya know, dont ask dont tell kinda thing.....

Seriously, if you ever feel the need for a road trip to molest someone elses guitars....your always welcome, even if he is home...hahahaha

Mrs LPC

Comment

But if he is home and I grab his guitars I'd have to have some kind of regard for my personal well being and it wouldn't be as noble a gesture. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

He would appreciate the thought of a JCFer coming down to "play with him" (sorry I couldnt resist) before he left for so long....hes generally okay with others molesting his "girls"...have no fear, nobody here bites...too hard...LOL

Mrs LPC

Comment

I'm willing to go as far as saying if JCF-02 comes in while he's away he can have it shipped here for safe keeping. Man I am just sooooo selfless sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But what about Phoebe the vicious guard dog? Surely she has chewed up a few people in her time.

Comment

Working...
                                X