anyone hear of george bellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone hear of george bellas

Well, as the title suggests, has anyone ever heard of this guy? If so, what do you think? I was over on his website www.georgebellas.com checking out some mp3s and video clips. This guy is brutally fast anf fluid. Just wondering what others' opinions of this guy were.

Re: anyone hear of george bellas

I heard his stuff a few years ago and thought he was a really generic shredder. Didn't like his tone much either.

Comment

yeah he's pretty good I have him On a Moog / Way disc...

wasn't he on some UFO stuff too ...I haven't broke out the UFO stuff in a very long while..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, his tone seems kind of like a cut rate Yngwie. I never understood Strats and shred. Some guys can make them sound great, and others just don't cut it.

Comment

I think he's a very good player ...fitting for the music ...IMO

No his sound is nothing special but he's very very good....in a structured , firey traditional sense..

at times kinda a Morse vibe..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of this guy! Super fluid and precise, just when I thought sweeping didnt get much better than Becker or Gambale this guy comes along and totally brings the game to another level.

I would really recommend him to anyone but then I'm a really huge fan. I have his entire discography and baught my girlfriend a copy of Mind Over Matter so I can listen to it at her place!

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah he's pretty good I have him On a Moog/Way disc ... wasn't he on some UFO stuff too ... I haven't broke out the UFO stuff in a very long while

[/ QUOTE ]

No Bill. He was not in UFO but they did cover Mother Mary on the Mogg/Way disc so maybe you are thinking of that.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yup! he sure has the tools for the stuff he plays. But the most is 2 songs from him and i'll fall asleep..Zzzzz...

My two cents
              Fong

Comment

Yep I got two Moog / Way's ...he's on only one of them ...who's the other guy ....no I'm not runnin' to the other room an lookin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yes Frank Gambale is a monster player ...I had one of his old Instruction vids ...damn he's smooth and lightning fast...he has a very light touch

I can't play light like that..I'm a hacker , I rape my strings ...I can't help it.

Hey CS is" mind over matter" his older instrumental disc..

anyone into Lars eric Mattson ...very tasty.

Comment

Bill it's Jeff Kollman on the other Mogg/Way disc and Mind Over Matter is George's second instrumental disc.

If you are into George Bellas you need to check out the band Hess! They shred on another level man! http://www.hess.4t.com/

Lars Eric Mattson is cool. I have one disc with him both playing and singing so I got turned off because he's a pretty bad singer but the guitar playign was on point. Maybe I should hunt down something he's not singing on.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Lars Eric Mattson is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just lost <font color="purple"> ALL </font>credibility with that statement.
                    I remember an old guitar world, that had a Metal Detector review of his CD "The Exciter".
                    At the time, he was billed as <font color="yellow"> "Finland's finest guitarist"</font> to which they said something like <font color="red"> "Finland must be a very small, backwards country". </font> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Anyway, it was released through David T Chastain's label Leviathan at the time, so I picked it up.
                    Big mistake.
                    What a turd that guy is...

Comment

Call me crazy but I dont much care for Bellas. He's very talented, but it all sounds like scale exercises to me.

Comment

A P ..Yeah I know I got that album and it is the weakest one by far...but he is very good.

My favorite polished guitar players right now stand ...Uli #1 ...Magnus Karlsson , Olaf Lenk , Ralph Santolla , Roy Z , James Byrd , Alex Massi , Mike romeo , and that dude of Fair Warning..he uses a guitar like Uli's..

Never tell me I lost credibility ....what are ya kiddin'... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X