Root Canal.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Root Canal.....

Anybody had one??? Are they very painful??? How long does it take for the pain to go away??? Im a serious candy-ass when it comes to pain...what can I expect??? And more importantly, will it get me outta work for the day??

Mrs LPC

Re: Root Canal.....

Yes one of my very best freinds is a endodontist (sp)

he did three for me (for free) and a couple for John's woman...

they are a lot of fun...they are not really painful...they are more expensive than painful..

but once you get the root canal ...then they fit you for crowns ($$$) and when they come in they put them on ....done!

Right after I got my root canals ...I was eating sour dough pretzels...no big deal..

.they will probably give you some Vicodins just in case...which is nice..

but vicodins make me constipated ...which give me a whole new set problems then..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Its not gonna cost me too awful much, around $130 I think, but the military pays 80%....but why do they give you a crown??? Does it have diamonds and rubies?? LOL

Mrs LPC

Comment

hmmm...that's not bad at all ...The average cost of a single Root canal is about $1500..

The crowns cost a bit more ....I had to pay $2500 for three crowns..out of my pocket..no dental insurance!!!

I could have went toothless and bought another Uberschall...

but those are my good chompers ...I need them for Pizza and Steak...so I wanted to keep them.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Its not gonna cost me too awful much, around $130 I think, but the military pays 80%....but why do they give you a crown??? Does it have diamonds and rubies?? LOL

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had one done and it was no big deal.It just time consuming much more involved than a regular filling.I had to make a least three trips to finish it.

What they do is hollow out the tooth. They take out all of "live" part of the tooth.They leave the roots lessen the diameter of the tooth so they can fit a crown.They will give you a temp crown so you can eat.The tooth is very fragile with out the center and would not take much to crack it.That is the big reason for a crown if it cracks or breaks they have to remove it completely.

If I remember right mine cost me right around $2000.00.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

As soon as they pull the pulp out and file all those nerves out of the roots you'll feel fine. Had two because the Air Farce dentist screwed up two of my teeth by drilling all the way to the pulp and just filling them. They died as a result. The first one started hurting on a Friday so I had to wait all weekend to get to a dentist. Instantly better after they pulled all the junk out. They generally use a crown because it fills the hollowed out tooth better like mentioned. My second one is just filled though. But eventually it will need a crown also. And make sure they give you a shot to the jaw of novicane first. The first time the dentist just went in through the tooth and sprayed the nerve ends with the stuff. That hurt like hell.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
            X