• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Sludge

What happend to that website?
    I read this about them.
    http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=3163

Re: Metal Sludge

The two main guys fell out, each saying it was his baby. Stevie Rachelle (Tuff) says it was all him, while Shawn Card the webmaster says it was 98% him. Shawn also says it was a partnership while Stevie says Shawn was only an employee. Seems now that there's going to be a legal battle over it.

Funny thing is, Metal Sludge was originally a Mad Magazine back cover parody of Metal Edge
    with headlines like "'Metal is NOT Satanic', says Damien Lucifer, lead singer of Antichrist".

So neither of them invented Metal Sludge, though the idea of an ongoing website making fun of 80s metal (and selling Tuff merch) did come from one or both of them, depending on who you ask.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That sux.
      I enjoyed reading 20questions a lot...
      [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Stwevie put up another site at www.metalsludge.tv, but it went down on August 20. He said it was a DOS attack on his servers but tried to claim it was aimed at Sludge, and a week later nothing's back up but the front page with no content.

I think now the old 80s stars know it's Stevie Rachelle, they won't care to answer the 20Qs anymore. When they thought it was anonymous metal fans, it was one thing. Now they know it's the singer of a band that didn't quite make it and was a Poison clone band, it's another. Who knows though?
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

the "interim" board can be found here... sludge underground ...just in case you were curious or didn't know about it yet...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

thanks dm! i didn't know about the underground board. i don't think they're lyin about the dos attacks, tho.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man, I checked the SLudge site daily for the longest time. I loved it. It sucks that it probably won't be back in its previous form. I can always ope though.
              I used to love how they ripped on Baz, Don Dokken, and Bret Michaels. And let's not forget Jani.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Man, I checked the SLudge site daily for the longest time. I loved it. It sucks that it probably won't be back in its previous form. I can always ope though.
                I used to love how they ripped on Baz, Don Dokken, and Bret Michaels. And let's not forget Jani.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL. Didn't they say Jani was now delivering pizzas?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] LOL. Didn't they say Jani was now delivering pizzas?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Actually he ends up eating them before delivering.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not Metal Sludge, but have any of you seen MetalUpdate.com? I've signed up and have received their weekly email of happenings for the past 3 years. The email just has some news tidbits and new tour dates of various bands. No other spam mails either which is nice. Their main page has interviews of bands as well..some they did, some lifted from other mags:

http://www.metalupdate.com/
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I like these, check em out
                      uraniummusic
                      Metal Injection

Comment

Working...
                      X