Goodbye my friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye my friend...

Sorry to hear. Maybe you can get a new little kitten and raise him indoors only. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well dude just try and think positive ..post pic flyers in your area (if you didn't already) call the APL...maybe someone took him in and might see the pic and return him to you..

reason why I'm saying this my wife's friend's little Yorkie got lost. Over 7 weeks went by and nothing not a trace . Last week she got a phone call from a person that lives around the corner ...they had her the whole time .. maybe they had intentions of keeping her , maybe they stole her , maybe they felt guilty and maybe she never warmed up to them ...well anyways ...the yorkie was returned ...after the very upset owner gave up all hope..

and if he's not returned ..hopefully he's being taking care of..regardless I'm sorry to hear of this.

Bill
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

All cats I ever had were outdoor cats. Once a year or so they would run off for a while and scare the crap out of me. They would come back skinny and tired, but content. The worst I remember one cat ran off for almost two months. I really thought she was dead. She came back skinny and one ear was scarred up, so she was fighting out there as well.

Comment

> Back several years ago,I used to keep my 20 pound orange tom in the house,not wanting to lose him to a random car he couldn't dodge. After a few weeks of this,he died of smoke inhalation when our house burnt. I still blame myself for keeping him cooped up,not to mention he probably saw it as me cockblocking him,the females around my neighborhood probably had 60 kittens thanks to him. He was probably the biggest not-fixed cat I have ever seen,but still had the friskyness and overall quickness of a kitten,not to mention posessing small dog-like strength and tenacity. He was a total attention whore in the house,but completely unforgiving of other animals when outside. I've seen him jump on a 10 month old German Shepherd,kill other cats,torture a Min-Pin,possums,no telling how many mice and birds,and a 4 foot cottonmouth. His name was Sam-Sam-Sam,since he was the 3rd in a line of orange cats named Sam,which was eventually shortened to Sam cubed,and eventually Q-Bert. This brought me strange looks when people saw the article in the paper about our house,and the fact that a cat named Q-Bert was listed as the only fatality,I have to assume that the fireman that brought him out saw his collar tag and wrote it into his report. I still cry over him occasionally,same as my first chldhood pet,a cat I brought with me from Ohio and had to watch deteriorate from feline leukemia. I understand your feelings dude. Tommy D.
          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

cats are cool animals and I know how it feels to loose one that is quite dear to you. these animals confiscate the entire household, at least ours did. I had a cat that we had since the day I was born until I was 14 (the cat was aged 20 by then!) and when he had to be put down I really had a feeling that I lost a very good friend.
            now we have 2 other cats and these are even worse in occupying the house, a siamese and birmese cat and these are of such distinct charackter, that the're almost human...

but bottomline, sorry to hear your cat just disappears like that!

harrald

Comment

Thanks, i love hearing your stories. Cats sure can make an impression on you. It's good fun to own a cat or two. I will never raise a cat to be indoors, i think that's against its nature. I know it's more risky but .... yeah, you know what i mean. Live strong!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Im sry to hear that man , it feels like your loosing one of the family. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry bro. I know the feeling. Been two weeks since I put my dog Jake down and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about him. It will get better and who knows, maybe your critter will come strolling back one day. Hope so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I will never raise a cat to be indoors, i think that's against its nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

jim,
                      my cat is indoors and he got out one night and it scared the sh*t out of him,well it scared the sh*t out of me too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      but you are right when i go outside he takes a look and he thinks hmm... my food bowl is inside [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I remember that Tony! What a relief when he came back!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Sorry bro. I know the feeling. Been two weeks since I put my dog Jake down and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's been just over a year since I lost my cat "Vegas" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] , and I still find myself thinking about him and tearing up.
                          (Especially when "Reno" starts crying in the middle of the night).
                          It's hard to get over losing someone special.

Hopefully, your little friend is just checking out other parts of the neighborhood and will come back to visit you soon.
                          We have a neighborhood cat named "Lucy".
                          She comes to visit every couple of days. One time, we didn't see her for almost a month.
                          We feared the worst at this point, but one day she just popped up in our backyard!
                          We were very happy to see her that day.
                          Hopefully your story will end the same way.

Comment

RIP Little dude from the guitar repair pictures [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            always gave a little laugh to that thread, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Aw, dat's a cute cat! I'm sure he's safe with another owner.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Future posts in that thread will never be the same without Little Martin by my side, but hey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] he gave us a good time and i know he loved being at our house, drooling over my guitars [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't know who's gonna assist me in the next guitar project, though... maybe we should get two kittens that we can call our own. But that will have to wait until we move house in (probably) 1 month time.
                                Henrik
                                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                                X