Workin out and body building and muscles and that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workin out and body building and muscles and that

Alright lads. This is one of my usual 'stream-of-thought-posts-with-an-underlying-question' so bear with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Have started working out again. My goal is to end up with the physical appearance of a professional heavyweight boxer. Or a wrestler (one of the stupid ass WWE ones [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). Id also like arms like the singer from The Dillinger Escape Plan. That dude is built lol.

Anyway, Im a fairly big guy (5'10, 210lbs) and I'm overweight. I want to lose weight before I build myself up, cos I dont want flabby muscles, or new good muscles being built onto a fatty frame. Ive got broad shoulders and a big ass runs in the family [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ive been doing mainly CV stuff at the gym in the past two weeks since I started going again but Im tempted to start doing more free weight type stuff. My mate's brother is a personal trainer and I got him to draw up a bit of a workout thing for me and its pretty good. I alternate between that and the gym. The thing is though this workout will build me up before Ill lose weight. I mean already my (upper) arms are quite good when I tense them (from stuff Ive done in the past and general work), but theres no tone. When relaxed they're just flabby big guy's arms.

I'll drink moderately one to two nights a week (I know, I know, alcohol will ruin me), I dont smoke and I eat healthily. No junk food, no snacks. My only downfall has been lack of exercise and Im sorting that out. And possibly I eat an evening meal at around 5-6 and then I eat something before I go to bed, like some toast or something, usually because Im hungry. I dont eat that much, and I have thinner friends that can eat me under the table. A lass I know can eat more than me and shes like 5'0, size 6-8 -she'd be a size 6 if she didnt have a nice curvy ass (calm down Bill) and she eats more than me.

Anyway, If you guys have any advice or anything that'd be great.

Jamesy

Re: Workin out and body building and muscles and that

what works for me to lose body fat is to run 2.5 to 3.5 miles every other day, every day if you want to drop the weight faster. I also agreee that you should lose the weight before bweight training but its all good. You could weight train one day, run the next etc.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

try bills ass eating diet

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Ohhhh no, not another one of those ass eating topics again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Workin out and body building and muscles and t

Make a decision, do you want to lose fat or build muscle. You can't do both at the same time. Pick one and stick with that for a few months and then cycle to the other.

Comment

You want something like this? Just ask Newc, i'm sure he can give you great advice. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

Don't get me started Jamsey... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Don't get me started Jamsey... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can start eating Newc's ass. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

You want something like this? Just ask Newc, i'm sure he can give you great advice. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  Fong

[/ QUOTE ]
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  That's a scary man!

Comment

I recommend you bulk up before you start the cutting (fat losing phase). That way, the increased muscle mass will cause you to burn calories at a faster rate when you begin your cutting stage, but note that you WILL gain a little fat from the bulking stage because you need an excess amount of calories in order to bulk up; that's why it is impossible to lose weight and gain muscle mass at the same time. Also note that when you're in the cutting stage, you will lose a small bit of muscle along with the fat. But if you want to make everything easy on yourself, increase your metabolism by eating smaller meals 4-6 times a day and incorperating a bit of cardio AFTER lifting. Also when cutting, it won't hurt to do a small bit of weights to maintain your strength. Good luck!

Comment

Yeah I'm 5' 8" and about 235 right now ...my goal is to get around 450 ...I'm halfway there..a man need goals.

drink lots of pop and eat potato chips and lay down a lot ...works for me..

Fong ....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...that's against my religion. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Yeah I'm 5' 8" and about 235 right now ...my goal is to get around 450 ...I'm halfway there..a man need goals.

drink lots of pop and eat potato chips and lay down a lot ...works for me..

Fong ....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...that's against my religion. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwhahahahahaahah!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Cheers guys.
                          Im fairly big already, I wouldnt want to get any bigger, Ive just lost about 10lbs and I aint getting any heavier.
                          What you've described is pretty much the way I work out.
                          Fong - I already look a bit like that pic [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Metalgrasshopper - How would eating 4-6 smaller meals a day help? I dunno if I can afford that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Im a student.

Jamesy

Comment

Eating 4-6 small meals a day speads up your metabolism. You burn calories by digesting food. And the more often you eat, the more your body has to kick into overdrive to digest all that you're taking in. By eating 4-6 smaller meals through out the day, you keep your metabolism higher, longer. Keep the caloric intake the same as with 3 meals, but spread the calories over more meals and you'll actually drop weight (assuming you're not in dramatic caloric excess).

Comment

jump rope

Comment

Working...
                              X