Workin out and body building and muscles and that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Workin out and body building and muscles and t

Mr White..... When you start shedding weight and cutting cals you want the most muscle mass you can possibly have. Just remeber you won't be to big. When doing heavy cardio (ie running) or cutting calories as most diets do your body will go into a catabolic state and you will naturally start storing fat and burning muscle. So yes you can lose weight but you will burn muscle in the process. When you get into a higher metabolic state by eating 6 meals a day (you need to figure out your daily caloric need and divide by 6) you keep your metabolism ramped but not in a catabolic state it will be in an anabolic state and will burn fat instead of muscle. Very very important to get lean. Otherwise you do get lighter but not really thinner you burn muscle and loose the extra metabolism that muscle provided so although thinner you become more inefficient at burning calories. that is teh reason why people on Yo Yo diets always get fatter and heavier after they stop dieting... they have burned muscle while losing weight and actually decreased their metabolism so when tehy go back to teh same habits they ahd before they are less efficient
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Oh and make sure you get a body composition done once a week so you can tell if you are doing the right things each body responds differently. Also make sure your proteins ae high and your bad fats are low. Make sure you eat good fats as they actually help shed fat. Quality of food is very important
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

which head...they both weigh the same!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

well I do gotta take a dump ....damn!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks guys, this info is gold!
          Im gonna be a lean mean shredding machine soon boys.
          Got my body fat percentage measured (a machine, not calipers though). Its 24.5% - Not bad I thought... Is it?

Speak to you later.

Jamesy

Comment

A BMI of 25 is considered overweight, 30 is considered obese; you should make a goal of 17-18% if you want to look like those muscular dudes.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

BMI Calculator:

http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

Another one that takes age & gender into account:

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm

Comment

Yeah Im overweight. But apparently its pretty inaccurate. My gym instructor says that under 15% you look **** hot. So I was also thinking of aiming for about 15-17% or something.
                Thanks for those links man theyre great.

Jamesy

Comment

Those things freak me out a bit. When I was 215, and 5'11" working out heavily, they generally said I was obese. I was far from obese, and looked quite good.

Now I'm working out a lot less and am 190/195 and it still says I'm overweight, and I really don't think I am and I actually look fatter than I did at 215 and working out heavily.

When I hit 183 once, it saud I was normal and I was looking way too skinny and looked like crap. Even my woman told me I had better start eating again!

Not sure what validity I can put into those BM calcs. I'm thinking that an in person check with calipers is a better indicator.

Comment

I used one of those pinch calipers once on my tool...it was only 1.5% body fat and 98.5% Steel...and it weighs 13.3 lbs..not too shabby!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow Bill, that works out in carbon steel round stock, to be about 2.75" diam by 8" long. You must be umm, proud.

Comment

Quite... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's the same dimensions of a can of Pringles really...

That's why I could never sport a speedo at the beach ...children run away in fear and their mothers ...well they flock around me and want to know my sign... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X