Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in .../cache/template/template20798.php on line 79 Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Hallmark got a job with Firestone - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hallmark got a job with Firestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallmark got a job with Firestone

I got a card in the mail from my Rodeo courtesy Firestone.
    It's the first time ever.
    This is what it says:

" When we first met, you held me tight in the turns,
    You accelerated fast and made my RPMs burn.
    The way you drove me on the freeway nearly made me swoon.
    I remember driving for days, just you, me, the sun and the moon. "

Wait... there's more... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

"But now I feel I'm nothing more than an engine block.
    My tires are dull. My muffler's still stock.
    And I sit and wonder if the end is near,
    Because our love is still stuck in second gear."

And the finale... [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

"But don't you worry, this will soon pass.
    And we can make it, if we drive real fast.
    Just take me to Firestone where they'll ensure our love will last,
    So come on babe, just give it some gas.
    Love, Your 1994 Rodeo LS "

BARF-O-RAMA!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    First of all, my Rodeo runs like a gem and it has brand new tires. And secondly, it would never send such a lame-ass card as that. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
    And thirdly, I shift out of second.

I'm in the market for a new mechanic.

Em

Re: Hallmark got a job with Firestone

Hey Em maybe your Mechanic is in the market for a new Woman, by the cheese spread card you got. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I hope the 2 of you can really work this out He seems like the artist type, & he can always fix you car for free! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

I worked for firestone, . It was my first job all I did was change oil and do standard tune ups, and tire changes. Made me not want to be a mechanic
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Hey Drake,

Hmmm... ya gotta point there. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I haven't made the rounds yet to the mechanics so I haven't scored myself freebees.
        That sounded bad- okay, its not like THAT. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        One time Sarge was deployed and I needed some new windshield wipers for his Honda (me being nice taking care of HIS car and all...) the dudes at Autozone hooked me right up. Very cool.

I only use Firestone for tires, brakes and lube jobs. Haven't found a mechanic I like yet.
        But that card... geez. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Maybe I should still go in there... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Drake,

I only use Firestone for tires, brakes and lube jobs.
          Em

[/ QUOTE ]

Em ...Tell us more about these "lube jobs".
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I should have seen that one coming a mile away.
            I gotta see the Firestone boys next month for a lube job, remind me and I'll let ya know how it goes. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

lube.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I worked for Michel Tire/ Tires Plus (owned by Firestone) for 10 years. They have the poorest ad campaigns in history. It was always wonderful when they would put out $9.99 oil change coupons.......every **** week. We were told to get the cars in and sell everything possible. If it looked "questionable" or could not be argued that it didn't need replacing we were to sell it. You say no, we use strong arm tactics & scare tactics. They took this to new heights back in March and myself and my dignity walked out on a 10 year career making excellent money - the money just became less important than the stress I felt from having to screw people ( they especially love women & the elderly for sales) just to keep my job. Yup. You don't buy, the salesman / manager will "be replaced with someone who will get these people to buy".

That company likes to claim that they are erasing the stereotype the industry has but from my experience there and other companies they seem to be the biggest reason it still exists. It would be hilarious to see Dateline or someone pay a visit to one of the Cincinnati stores here and see how many unnecessary repairs are recommended at gouged prices. Just so you know, they charge $70-$85 / hour on labor and mark up all parts 200% - 300%.......actually, that would be a little more considering you are quoted on a premium part and end up with a much less expensive piece of **** part from autozone on your car. The average auto repair labor is $58-$65 / hour and parts almost everywhere else are marked up 100% - 150%.
                I hope none of you guys fall for ANYTHING that comes from that company. If you have any questions on the inner workings or anything that you've been told about your car by a Firestone rep I would be happy to translate their bullshit for you.

Sorry for the rant....... that "post card" gave me a Vietnam like flashback [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's the first time since I quit that I spoke about it anyways.

Just remember - STAY AWAY ! ! !

Comment

I bought some tires once ...it was awesome.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    lube.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats one thing about em....... they'll lube you up before they give it to ya up the pooper.

How considerate they are [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep that's Firestone's specialty..

but sometimes they forget the lube . [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Yep that's Firestone's specialty..

but sometimes they forget the lube . [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are ordered by regional management to skip the lube if you don't buy [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, Kremit. I did not know all this, but I suspected many places are like this.
                          Everytime without fail whenever the Sarge (who normally takes care of the vehicles) is deployed to some unreachable or unmentionable place, my truck has a fit.

Jiffylube has several times told me I needed valves or plugs or this or that replaced when I KNOW they did not. They just thought I was some dumb girl. One dude even went so far as to tell me that if I didn't let him replace the valve lifters then I would be in some serious trouble.
                          Okay, yeah, they need to be replaced here soon but it wasn't something that needed to be done at that exact moment. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh well. But I will say, we've had some very awesome mechanics before- smart and fair dudes. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

I was a mechanic for just long enough to realize that's no way to make a living.
                            I once fell for a Firestone promo to have my 1 year old IROC Z lubed and the alignment checked. Figured for $10 I wouldn't have to crawl under it. I went to pick up the car and the jackass "Service Manager" started telling me how the entire front end was shot and it needed ball joints, tie rod ends, the works before it could be aligned. The car had 11,000 miles on it!
                            This guy took one look at me with waist length hair and saw "sucker". I suddenly knew how a lot of women must feel in this predicament. So I started cryin and blubbering...ok, not really. Actually I politely explained to him my background and threatened him with the BBB. What a duufuss.

Comment

Working...
                            X