Just got my new engine dynoed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got my new engine dynoed!!!

My uncle swapped a 440 into a demon and was doing high 10's in it. That was my fastest, I was like 13 it was **** off the hook. Driving my incles 68 Hemi GTX convertible was the most scared I'd ever been though, Why he let my ass drive it I have no idea, but he lets me drive all his cars
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

keep the injection, have the computer reprogramed, and put a ford 9 in. in it. Chevy has a strong third member on a 12 bolt but have a funky axle situation. A 383 stroker is monster if built right and according to the numbers it was, dyno's don't lie. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

What's good about the camaro is that you can build it out of a catalog, no real fabbing needed
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Well I say stick with EFI (updated of course), I'm sick of carbs, and swap a 12 bolt in there... Switching to a fard 9 inch isn't cost effective. Basically overkill... plus like was said earlier it will still handle up to 700-800hp!

I had a 70 Chevelle SS with a 400 sm block (not stock obviously) that dyno'd at 506hp and 479tq and had a 4.11 12 bolt. Never had any issues with the rearend.

Comment

92 camaro? yuck.. i'm not a fan after they got rid of the round lights in 82.... I have a 79, has a bored out 350 in it, headers, the whole shebang... my brother runs a performance parts shop and builds muscle cars for a living so i bought this on from him when he got is 67 camaro (first year!)

do you race track or quarter mile? i assume quarter mile since you're going for the torque and HP

Comment

First off, the GM 12 bolt is just as strong as the Ford 9 inch. The 9 inch has the benefit of having an easily removable 3rd member where the 12 bolt does not.

The 12 bolt ring and pinion on the other hand has a much more effecient configuration ( more power to the ground ).

There is a company that jigs up 9" rear ends to bolt in to almost any GM configuration.....GN, Camaro/Trans Am, Trucks, etc.....BUT, they use the GM 12 bolt ring and pinion. These are complete bolt ins....no fab needed.

I used a GM 12 bolt in a 72 Olds 442 with a stroked 455=492" with 200HP of squeeze added....never a problem......I was using a TH400 with a manual valve body, 3500RPM stall and coming off the line with the "juice" on full tilt. -Lou
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

My Honda Civic 93 has....91 Horse to the front at 4000RPM, and the 94 Mitsubishi 3000GT (3.1) has...244 horsies [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

thats what you get for driving RICE!!!

instead, sell your car rice and go buy some guitar rice :P

Comment

I had a 92 RS Heritage Edition.....I really miss that car

Comment

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X