Ozzfest Raleigh, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzfest Raleigh, NC

Probably the greatest show I have ever been to, although I was disappointed that Lacuna Coil did not play. There was some kind of accident with their equipment trailer and they had no gear to play. They did however still go to the show and sign autographs in the FYE tent and apologize to the fans.
    The second stage bands were all good except for Otep, I was not impressed by them at all
    Damn near missed the first stage since my wife passed out from the heat and had to go to the medical trailer, they wanted to take her to the ER but she woke up and told them there was no way she was going to miss Priest and Sabbath. They gave her an IV and we made it to the main stage just as BLS was coming on. They were great, Zakk pulled out the white Rhoads yelled "God Bless Randy Rhoads" and then tore the roof off the place.
    Super Joint Ritual while not my cup of tea were not as bad as I expected and Phil wasvery appreciative of the audience. Sharon probably reamed him about his past behavior.
    Dimmu Borgir were great.
    Slayer was a total sonic assault and the pits were going in full force.
    Judas Priest, The Metal God's have retained their thrones and are in no danger of losing them. Rob Halford has not lost anything in his voice and the band was so tight it was like they had never been apart. I'm still in awe.
    Black Sabbath was fukking incredible, I had heard all the stories about Ozzy being off key and his voice cracking. There was none of that. It was fukkin magical, when they did Black Sabbath it was like 1969 again. Iommi is still the man.
    I'm now very sunburned and hoarse. we got to there at 9am, what a fukking day though. I truly feel blessed to have seen that show.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Ozzfest Raleigh, NC

Knew I'd miss something special. My son begged me to go but the parent in me reared it's ugly head and said, "Not on a school day... no way." I suck. We should've gone. He's gotta see Ozzy before he "officially" retires and would've loved to have seen Zakk and Priest.
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I took my six year old daughter to Ozzfest, just a couple of weeks ago. She had a great time and thought the experience was, "pretty cool, daddy." We stayed back, away from the mayhem, near the sound board - and the sound was slamming.
      Priest are the best - no question. They play with so much fire and Halford is so damn giddy up there, you'd swear he was gay.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

You have to wonder if this is the Ozzfest swansong; there will never be such a good lineup again, unless they took the same lineup out again next year. Ozzy's not getting any younger either; can he keep doing it?I'd say if he does tour again, best catch that as your last likely chance, even if it's exam day for your kid.Write him a note to his teacher.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Phil was such a dick in Cleveland but the show was great ..Halford sure sounded great!!!!

I do NOT like SJR..lame ass music IMO

I didn't see much of the second stage I got there kinda late..I saw Slipknot...they were slipknot...that's all I could say about slipknot..

Slayer , Sabbath , Preist , Zakk were awesome ..Dimmu's sound disappointed me ...all you heard was shagrath and keys and that was it ...the guitars were non existant..and that made me sad...and Nick Barker was truly missed!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dude, that little Casper looking dude in Dimmu had an Awesome lead tone. I was drooling over it. I really liked Magna Fi on the second stage. The singer opened the set by playing Eruption which I thought was kinda cool. I missed Slipknot because I was at the medical trailer with the wife and kids.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That was Galder (old mans child , Dimmu) !!! Yeah he plays a 9200 Marshall mono block , don't know what preamp and a RR1 Lightning sky like mine ...I couldn't hear him at all ...stupid sound man ...I was pissed!

I kind of look like that dick on steroids with a long shagrath (singer) goat on my chin ... I look like their love child..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Galder is playing his gray King V at Ozzfest.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X