Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this just plain stupidity or is it just me???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this just plain stupidity or is it just me???

Okay heres what happened. Last month (August, and thank GOD its over!!) we sold 2 RumbleBees....mind you, like every other freaking truck, they have 2 different VINs. How in the hell can someone sell one truck to one person and give them the WRONG truck???? So basically somebody on the outside (wasnt our office, no no no [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] ) said, yeah okay, you bought a RumbleBee...lemme get ya a set of keys and grab the WRONG ones!!! Talk about some major stress on the first day of the month (bad bad day for stress). Finally got it straightened out....after a few phone calls and finding out who had what VIN, mind you, the trucks VINs were identical except for the last 3 numbers...but each person had insured the wrong truck and if they had been in an accident they would have been screwed royally...and it would have been the salespersons fault.

We still hit MPA (like I doubted we would for a minute) and we hit our Ram objective (20 Rams in August, and the 20th was sold at 10pm last night, now Im doing my 20 Rams/MPA jig...) Needless to say at lunch I needed a strong shot of crown and the rest of the day off..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mrs LPC [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Is this just plain stupidity or is it just me???

That's embarrassing, but if both vehicles were insured, they should still have been covered.
    You're right though, if there'd been a problem your dealership would be responsible. Glad you got it straightened out.

Look at the broight side; you have a holiday weekend coming up to recuperate!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: Is this just plain stupidity or is it just me???

We had the same thing happen last month, I had a customer schedual his boat in for service well I go into the computer grab his hull #(same as a vin) and order parts off that Hull, well the boat comes in and I hand my guy all the parts to go fix the boat and he comes back to me and says these parts arn't right and say say no there not, Well for this year Maxum had 2 19ft boats a cuddy cabin and an open bow, well when this guy boughthis boat we sold him the "other" boat in the computer, he had an open bow but what we sold him was the cuddy cabin, so we had to go back track and search for the other hull # of the other boat and re do each customers profile
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Re: Is this just plain stupidity or is it just me?

You could kill those responsible.

"Death solves everything, no man no problem."

-Joseph Stalin

Comment

Re: Is this just plain stupidity or is it just me?

Actually I'd like to kill whoever's idea it was for bayliner to make Maxum boats, nothing ever goes right on a maxum no matter what size, 16ft to 46ft, parts are a bitch and everything breaks
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
          X