Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key 13594 in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 No! Ya think?! - JCFonline.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No! Ya think?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No! Ya think?

[ QUOTE ]
    Also, try an Em-nema. Like a enema but you use lot’s of Lube instead of water.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am NEVER going to live this down! Where's the graemlin with his head in his hands, huh?
    You can't call it that unless I'm the one that does it for you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Note- be careful drinking too much water. You can actually dilute yourself and cause a bunch of problems. We've had some troops in boot camp do that. They're told to always have their canteens with them and to be constantly drinking water. Some overdo it and its bad bad bad.

Had a girlfriend once with an eating disorder- she would go on these nutty diets thinking she needed to lose weight. She weighed probably 85 pounds. Her favorite diet- the popcorn diet. No salt or butter, just popcorn. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Honestly, I think the key to good health is to eat real food (not dead food like fast foods) in balance and moderation. Stay properly hydrated, excersise several times a week (even just walking.. at least get your heart rate up), and get adequate rest.
    Works for me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Re: No! Ya think?

I know it's bad to drink a lot of water (or any liquid) while exercising. You do wanna drink water while exercising, but just sips here and there. Having a bunch of huge gulps is a big no no.

Comment

Do you how many health nuts I know with health problems...they out number all the people I know who smoke , drink , and eat like sewer rats..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I know it's bad to drink a lot of water (or any liquid) while exercising. You do wanna drink water while exercising, but just sips here and there. Having a bunch of huge gulps is a big no no.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about drinking too much water is that you'll flush out all of your electrolytes (potassium, sodium, etc.). Water is good for an hour or less of exercise, a couple of ounces every few minutes. If you'r edoing any kind of extended cardiovascular exercise, you need to injest a 6% solution of carbohydrates in fluids with added electrolytes. Basically, Gatorade. It was developed to be the optimal ratio of carbs to water with the added potassium and sodium to rehydrate and replace lost fluids/electrolytes.

Comment

Re: bullshit

oh jeez. 30lbs? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My brother in law switched from Pepsi to Diet Pepsi and lost 15lbs in three weeks, from sugar alone. He's trying this Atkins thing now...we'll see.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Agreed. I know so many "healthy" people who look 10 years older than they really are, and that's since starting whatever diet they're on. They used to LOOK healthy when they were "unhealthy", now they look half-dead [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Unless you live on a strict diet of Colon Blow, you will never sh1t yourself down to your "Dream Weight" much less develop those 6-pack abs, buns of steel, orgasmic thighs, or jugs of doom. It takes physical exertion to burn fat and retain muscle, and it takes resistance to those muscles (weights, etc) to develop them. You will NOT look like the people who advertise the Bowflex by using a Bowflex for 20 minutes a day for a month. You will after 10 or 12 years, but then only with a proper trainer with you to show you the correct methods AND to tell you what muscles you should be using, and how to tell if you're using them.

You want to lose weight and tone up, it takes work. Lay off the diet novels and get back to the basics: Resistance to muscular force increases muscular density and burns fat. Calories don't make you fat, sitting on your ass all day complaining about your weight while you stuff food in your face by the ton makes you fat. There is no "Fat Gene", it's an excuse to stuff yourself like a pig and cry into a sympathetic ear and get "poor thing"ed all day.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                get "poor thing"ed all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah you got that right . I know this one guy who always ran five miles a day and is a true vegetarian ..well guess what ...He just had to retire from the police dept with a major heart condition.....and my one power lifter freind just died of a massive heart attack at the ripe old age of 32..

Yep ..screw it , Eat what the hell ya want , drink what you want , eat meat like a carnivore and live to be 90 ..then die like everyone else.

We all are going to die whether you eat a raw steak or a friggin' carrot! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree that you can overdo it with the health-nut stuff. Eating carrots all day is just as unhealthy as eating junk food all day.
                    It doesn't take a whole lot to be healthy, just be smart about it.
                    The Italians are among the healthiest in the world and we all eat pasta out the wazoo and plenty of vino and coffee to wash it all down! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    AND AND the best part... taking naps in the middle of the day!!

I agree with Newc. If you want to tone up, resistance to muscular force is a good way to do that. Light force- we're not talking pushing semi-trucks around here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I've found pilates does the trick. You use your own body.

But what do I know. I'm no expert. Though I've talked to some "nutritionists" and "trainers" before, and for the most part I think they're full of air.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Unless you live on a strict diet of Colon Blow,

[/ QUOTE ] LMFAO!!!!

Dude, that has to be one of the funniest SNL commercials ever!

Jim
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Nutritionists have no degrees, maybe just a certificate from Bob's house o' healthy eats. Dieticians must have at least a B.S. if not a Master's Degree. Just an FYI.

Comment

Well, I coulda went for "Black Draught" but I doubt anyone here would remember those commercials [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for Nutritionists vs Dieticians vs other "experts", they all neglect to mention or for the most part acknowledge one simple fact - the human body will tell you what to do for its own survival, but you have to have enough sense to listen. If you drink a gallon of iced tea a day and go around with cotton mouth, sugar sh1ts, and are starting on a second pot of tea, drink water ya damn idiot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          If, on the other hand, you drink a gallon of water a day and find yourself peeing every 5 minutes, or your tongue feels like you've been drinking Drano, have some iced tea because you're washing your throat completely dry of the natural oils it needs to keep your saliva from thinning too much (thus causing a sore/scratchy throat).

And I totally do not believe vegetarians have their heads on straight - meat contains vitamins and nutrients that you cannot get in large enough doses from any combination of fruits and vegetables.
                          "Red meat" is a misnomer - if it's red when you eat it, you didn't cook it long enough. If you're just so in love with cows, eat pork (trim the fat, ya dope) or chicken (cook it thoroughly, stupid) or even fish that has been properly prepared (i.e. gutted and cleaned by someone who knows what they're doing, not by Billy Bob and his 6-pack of Natural Light). Other than that, get over your heartbreak that the hamburger on your plate was once a living, breathing, furry animal and chow down, it won't kill you unless - like with anything else - you do it to excess.

Hey, whaddya call a vegetarian with diarrhea? Salad Shooter! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc!

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Its about damn time someone was diet sensible. You should write a book.

(ooo! I see all the dirty looks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Em

Comment

Well my husband has lost 25lbs with Atkins so far. We tried it because of his bad hips and a stroke he had a few years ago he CANNOT exercise. It is working for him. We just basically made it a lifestyle change (as the book says, yep I read it). But he has reintroduced some carbs and is happy and healthier. His blood sugar is perfect now (he was borderline diabetic) his blood pressure is in the normal range and the doctor is thinking about lowering the dose on his medication and possibly taking him off of it. His bad cholesterol has dropped dramatically, and his good has came up. His doctor is impressed. It has worked for us. JMO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Well, I coulda went for "Black Draught" but I doubt anyone here would remember those commercials [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for Nutritionists vs Dieticians vs other "experts", they all neglect to mention or for the most part acknowledge one simple fact - the human body will tell you what to do for its own survival, but you have to have enough sense to listen. If you drink a gallon of iced tea a day and go around with cotton mouth, sugar sh1ts, and are starting on a second pot of tea, drink water ya damn idiot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                If, on the other hand, you drink a gallon of water a day and find yourself peeing every 5 minutes, or your tongue feels like you've been drinking Drano, have some iced tea because you're washing your throat completely dry of the natural oils it needs to keep your saliva from thinning too much (thus causing a sore/scratchy throat).

And I totally do not believe vegetarians have their heads on straight - meat contains vitamins and nutrients that you cannot get in large enough doses from any combination of fruits and vegetables.
                                "Red meat" is a misnomer - if it's red when you eat it, you didn't cook it long enough. If you're just so in love with cows, eat pork (trim the fat, ya dope) or chicken (cook it thoroughly, stupid) or even fish that has been properly prepared (i.e. gutted and cleaned by someone who knows what they're doing, not by Billy Bob and his 6-pack of Natural Light). Other than that, get over your heartbreak that the hamburger on your plate was once a living, breathing, furry animal and chow down, it won't kill you unless - like with anything else - you do it to excess.

Hey, whaddya call a vegetarian with diarrhea? Salad Shooter! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]
                                I love how this post oozes with brilliance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X