Kind of an odd question, but I thought I would ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of an odd question, but I thought I would ask

Ok, if you buy something at retail price.. and then the place you bought it from puts that item on sale, like within 30 days.... Is the seller obligated to refund you the difference between the sale price and the retail price. I thought that I had read or heard that there was a law concerning this, to protect consumers from buying something one day, and then finding out they just took it in the shorts when it goes on sale the next day..

Any help would be greatly appreciated... [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance...

Re: Kind of an odd question, but I thought I would ask

Two words-caveat emptor!

Alot of places have this policy, but I don't know of any laws (I work in retail). In any event, if this should happen to you, just return the item you bought (always save reciepts!) and then repurchase it at the sale price.

Comment

Re: Kind of an odd question, but I thought I would ask

Did you buy something from Guitar Center?

Comment

Re: Kind of an odd question, but I thought I would

I never head it's a law. A lot of places do have that policy. Hell, if nothing else return it and go buy it again.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I don't believe it's a law, I think it's just alot of store's policy to do that cause most have a 30 return policy anyway.

Comment

That is not a law. (At least not in CA). My store offers price adjustments on items within 14 days only.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... I couldn't remember if it was actual law or just courtesy on this one. I didn't buy anything guitar related this time, just some carbon arrows from a MAJOR hunting retailer on 8/22.. then the other day, I get a sale paper from them in the mail and they have the same ones for $10 cheaper a dozen.. I bought two dozen, so that's $20 difference.. Not alot to some, but I'm eying another purchase from them and that would cover about 1/4 of the price of what I want.. So, I was thinking of calling them up and seeing what they would do about it. I guess, if nothing else I could return them and repurchase... But I kind of hate to do that.

Thanks again..

Comment

I'd go to the store with your receipts and the arrows in hand and discuss it with the manager. Bear in mind they might already be out of an advertised item, and if you do the return and rebuy ploy, they might take them for restock and they get sold before you get to them again, so you have to weigh that factor as well.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I kind of thought of that.. BUT, when you buy arrows like this, they are uncut. You then have them cut to your specified length, and then the inserts added, etc.. so I kind of doubt that they would actually take them back for restock. They would, however, probably land in the Clearance shop they have across the street.. and at a discount.. Hmm, idea forming here.. Either way, if they did take them back it would be OK with me.. I don't really need them, I just bought them because they were a good deal. I just didn't know they were going to be a BETTER deal just a week or so later.. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X