Alter Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alter Bridge

I just watched the Alter Bridge" video for "Open Your Eyes".
    And, I couldn't help but notice that the singer looks very familiar.
    He looks just like the guy at the end of the movie "Rockstar" that Mark Walberg pulls out of the crowd.

Does anyone know for sure if that is him?
    I think he's got a pretty good voice.

Re: Alter Bridge

Yes it is the guy from the end of Rockstar. In a recent Guitar world or Guitar one (cant remember which one) with Mark Tromnti on the cover they mention it.

Comment

Yeah, that's who it is. I bought their cd and I really like most of it. I'm impressed with Tremonti. He can actually play some leads. He sort of cheats a little bit though. Since he tunes his guitars in open D5 and similar tunings, it often makes the various "shapes" of his scales identical from string to string. For instance, on "Open Your Eyes", on each string he plays the same shape of scale fragment. This makes it extremely easy to play fast runs. He doesn't have to move from that one spot and he can use the same "16th, 17th, and 18th fret shape" through most of the solo. He does grab the 21st fret a couple of times and he adds a sweet and quick melodic run in there too. A lot of alternate picking which he's very good at. He tosses in some trem picking in the middle. Other tunes on the cd have better solos. I really like that he isn't afraid to pull off some 80s trem bar tricks. Flutters and stuff.
      Tremonti is very good at dissonant chord progressions and interesting chord voicings. I like his song writing although one could argue that this first single has a similar vibe to "Higher" from the Creed days. This new stuff is heavy as hell in some songs. He knows how to get great tone from his rigs. I'm impressed and I don't hold his Creed days against him. Heck, I liked the band, especially their first cd, My Own Prison. Man, I wish he'd snag a Jackson endorsement! He'd be a great addition to Jackson and would do wonders for their marketability.
      We're playing "Open Your Eyes" this weekend at both of our shows. I'm using the Death Warrior tuned to open D5th down a half step. Fun song to play.

Comment

Alright, Tom...

You convinced me to go out and buy the CD. And, you are right! Most of it is good stuff. Tremonti is doing some fun 80's style stuff. The singer is good, but a little whiney.
        Overall, a very enjoyable CD. I will probably go check them out when they come to town.

Comment

I can't wait to buy a new CD as well.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X