Sorry I gotta rant.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I gotta rant.....

Okay, this has been the worst 24 hours in my LIFE......yesterday goes all smooth and I actually am surprised with extra pay...kinda like a thank you for working a little late and coming in Monday to end the month. NO prob, didnt expect it at all....and the boss says "this is for my ebay girl" hahaha.....really made me feel appreciated and needed. Then today after lunch...ALL HELL EXPLODES IN MY FACE!!!!! This is where it gets kinda confusing....August 1st was really July according to Chrysler, no problem...basically everything sold up until midnight on August 1st counted towards July sales. On August 3rd, Holland busts into my office screaming that this Ram was to be counted for August, not July, but I punched the sale as July (August 1st). The contract, bill of sale, EVERYTHING had August 1st sale date and NO STICKY saying otherwise. No problem again, I go in and correct the sale date. The rest of August goes smooth then September hits...and that damn deal creeps back up on me....we sold 20 Rams in August BUT Chrysler is saying 19 (20,000 dollar diffrence). I pulled up reported sales for July..and this truck is nowhere to be found.....when I pulled up August, again, this truck is nowhere to be found...did the damn thing **** disappear???? So, needless to say Holland is wound tight over this $20,000. Hes standing in my office screaming like its cool at me and Paula...but when he mentions that "someone" will have to pay the money he looks DIRECTLY at me....when he mentions (and hes serious) that he needs a more efficient and reliable staff he looks DIRECTLY at me....by this time Im on the verge of tears (and it takes alot to make me cry). I had to get outta there, so I walked my bank deposit across the street....well they thought I up and quit!!! Then Ski (the main boss) comes and looks in the door at me....this is about an hour after it all hit....I looked at the wall and told him not to look at me....and he asked why...I said, cause Im gonna cry and turned around with big crocogator tears in my eyes. From what I understand Chrysler doesnt want to pay us the $20,000 but goddammit its due us....everybody busted ass to sell the trucks and this is what we get???? They claim we will get our money at the end of the month but we'll see on that one. At least Ski did tell me, dont worry about it, it will all wash out....but still....go from one day giving you extra money because your appreciated to the next basically saying your dumber that a coal bucket and threaten to fire you over something that wasnt your fault??? Nobody wanted to take blame, so it all landed on me since I was the one that punched the sale......thank GOD Im off Monday!!!

Okay, Im done

Mrs LPC [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Sorry I gotta rant.....

Work Sucks, I just learned my other parts guy is quiting, making mw the only parts guy, So I doubt I'll have a day off in the next year
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Sounds like the boss was just venting his frustration. He knows you are a good worker. It will smooth over in the end.

Now for some silly humor:

Comment

It seems that your work always tries to charge back on you.
        It is so frustrated working in that condition.
        I would punch the boss and leave the office If I were in your position..

Comment

I'm not a big Human Resource fan, but sounds like a that bi-polar boss could use a HR kick in the nuts'. If I spoked to a employee in that that tone & text, I would have some answering to do.
          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Mrs. LPC,
            Well fukk it all to hell, hon!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
            What a nasty day, ew.
            Enjoy yourself a fabulous weekend cuz it sure sounds like you deserve it.

That Ram/uterus thing is funny as all get out, btw. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

I came I saw I drank crown...now Im gone to bed....LOL

Mrs LPC

Comment

Nope it's

I drank, I drank Crown, I saw, I came , then I went to bed
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Mrs. LPC, now you're getting an idea why the last person with your job left!

If your boss is the owner, or a family member,
                  then he's probably always blown his top like this at employees and figured it'd blow over.
                  Might tie into them getting tight about the timecards, eh? Maybe your predecessor took him to the Labor board over sloppy timecards and got some out of him.

Whatever it is, you know you just have to weigh the aggravation against your local job market, and even take into account he might be a real nice person who just can't control himself when he gets upset. He will probably apologize, not in words, but in some action down the road. Bosses have a hard time being wrong.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    but when he mentions that "someone" will have to pay the money he looks DIRECTLY at me....when he mentions (and hes serious) that he needs a more efficient and reliable staff he looks DIRECTLY at me

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when you say "I did it the way YOU told me to do it. You said count that one for August instead of July, but YOU didn't count July's sales to make sure we had 20 or 21, which means you told me to take $20,000 out of July's sales. Should I call Chrysler and let them know what you did? Maybe they'll say we need a more efficient manager."

See, when you do what your boss tells you to do, and you do the Company's business the Company Way, they don't have a leg to stand on when something gets screwed up, because it's THEIR fault. The guy that told you to take that one from July's sales is totally at fault. Your job is to do what he tells you regarding the orders, right? It's not your job to count those orders to make sure you're not taking off one of your "needs", is it? It's HIS job. What is he, the GM or the Sales Manager? What? Obviously if he's making that decision he's got some sort of position, so lay it back on him where it belongs.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ummm......the one screaming about me losing my job and all...thats Holland....the owner of the dealership....

Comment

So he should be yelling at whoever told you to take that one back off July's list for not checking to make sure you still had 20 for July.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

MRs LPC,
                          I hear you loud and clear on this one. I work in a similar enviroment. Family owned dealership and things like that happen. I always do what I am told, exactly what I am told, that way if Things go to hell, its NOT my fault. I am capable of making alot wiser decisions. than my boss(the owner) and I have learned to keep my mouth shut because he dont listen to anyone. Thats cool, I just be a good little worker bee and when something goes wrong, I always say "this is what you told me to do." and thats the end of discussion. he knows hes wrong, and I dont rub his nose in it. We move on.

SOunds like your Boss is kinda an a$$. I sympathize with you.

Hang in there, everthing will work out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Same advice from me, do exactly what you're told. If something goes wrong and they yell at you, and you know it's not your fault, yell the **** back!

This is why I'm starting my own buisness. I just can't trust most people to make proper decisions for me. If something serious goes wrong, I WANT it to be my fault. I'm sick of the general way buisnesses run when I'm just an employee. I do what I'm told, the boss gets stressed and gives wrong instructions, and I **** up as a result, then I get bitched at.

Comment

My old boss made it my fault no matter what. If I said I did what he told me, he'd say I should have "made him listen" and told him how it should be done. When I'd try to tell jhim I thought we should handle something differently than he wanted to, he'd say, "Who owns this place, me or you?". If I gave him advice, he ignored it, and his way **** up, it was back to "you should have made me listen". With this kind of boss, which are really quite common, it's a no-win situation and you just either learn to deal, or find another job and hope it's not the same kind of boss there.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X