bought my first house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bought my first house

Congrats,that's very cool,I remember when I got my house,it's a great feeling eh bro??Looks like a nice home,treat it well & take care of it!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!

We bought our 1st house 5 years ago this mon th!!
      Its GREAT to be a home owner!!

Enjoy!!

Comment

It’s not just a house. It is “Equity”$$$$. You will earn more with the house, faster than you can save.
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Congrats! The money in repairs and updating will only make your return that much more later. You also seem to aquire stuff lots of stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Comment

Good wishes to you, your wife, your house, and the future "sworn enemies"!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats ...owning your own home is awesome!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That is a very good looking house. I am suposed to close on one in a month, but water just came in the basement during heavy rains (the sewers sometimes get backed up in Chicago during very heavy rains), so we are thinking of getting out of it. I am sick of looking for homes, though.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Congratulations....

Man - I would love to move to the States - you guys have such huge houses and it bet it cost far less than over here.

Something like that in my neck of the woods would be easily over $1million....maybe 1.5

R

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I was born in England, and I remember we bought a new house when I was 5 years old. It was a semi, and cost us 12,500 pounds which is approx. $22,000 U.S. That was in 1976, and house prices in England have gone throught the roof since then. That house would probably sell for 100 thousand now. I feel really lucky to live where I live. Our house was a bank sale, and we got it for $80,000 Canadian ($62,000 U.S.) 3-1/2 years ago. It's now worth $150,000. But it all depends on where you live. In Toronto, my house would be $400,000 easy.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

He only gains more, faster than he can save if,

He improves on the house (that house looked nice, couldn't see too many improvements needing done), things like central air, intricate borders (wood carved, finished, exotic woods), hard wood floors, **** like that helps too.

He pays more on the house (when you take out a mortgage, the first several years are all interest payments.

Property values go up, as a result of interest rates dropping...which rates are going back up.

However I've always seen property go up.

Don't worry about equity right now, worry about making your house a home. You got a sweet corner lot, and they are ALWAYS more dough. The house is very good looking.

I don't now how much it would cost in Germany, but in State College PA a house like that would be around 350K$, in my city, about 80K$, and in CA like a bagillion.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. I can't remember ever being this excited. We paid $245K which is good considering the prices in the area. The same exact house would cost $300K in MA. It also has a seperate apartment upstairs that we can rent out for $7-800 a month easily. If you know anyone in the area that's looking for an apartment let me know.

Good call on the ShredShed!!! But I think we will use the garage for garage type stuff. The living room is huge so I'll probably set up the PC and all my guitar stuff in one of the far corners.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Comment

Wow, I'm really surprised at the prices of houses in the States.

Maybe you guys can give me an idea of average costs. Tell me what a 3 bedroom, 1-1/2 bath house with a decent sized lot (say 60' x 150'), and a 2 car garage would cost.

Comment

Here's a pic of our new home. Just moved in on the 4th of July weekend. 4 Bedroom 2 bath, 1 car attached garage with a shop, and a 2 car detached out back. It sits on one acre. We got a killer deal at 90k. I've also got my own "Guitar Room" like I always wanted!!

Comment

Creepy, that's more like the prices where I live! Nice house dude.

Comment

Very nice! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Prices depend on what area of the country you live in. Creepys house would probably go for around $275-$300K in my area. And if it was closer to Boston probably around $350-400K. In California it would probably be close to 1 million!

Comment

I wish I can post pics of my house ...it's really gothic !!!..

it was a large double English brick tudor I converted to a single ...well you have to see it to believe it...

I really love my home...
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X