We got our new Viper in today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We got our new Viper in today.....

well, back to mrs. lpc, Fine ass ride, you got there. those cars are sha-weeet!

Comment

2-3 grand is "stupid" for a guitar??? Blasphemy Tim, BLASPHEMY!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just kidding bud, I agree 85 k is rediculous for a car, but 2-3 K is fine for a guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Newc, Look at a brand new Jackson. If you bought one brand new and then put it on eBay the day after, you wouldn't get what you paid because it's "used." It does suck, but thats the way it is. Thats why I always buy used. Once you drive it away, it's worth what you paid.

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

But if it's 20 years old and in the same condition as when it left the factory, it's worth more? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Drip - Lighten up, Frances [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I'm well aware that people spend money on whatever they like (EVH Art Series??), and that's their prerogative. It's MY prerogative to heckle them for it.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If I had 85Gs,I would go and buy some 50's Gibson and flip them after 10years for more money but a car after 10 years, the value will be less than half of the original price..
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah like those vintage Vettes that always sell so cheap [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Oh! Come on Newc, I am not talking about 50's Chevy here.
              It's about if I were to buy a brand new car for 85Gs,I would simply spend that money for buying let's say couple of late 50's Gibson ES-335s.
              Compare how much these guitars and this brand new car will price after 10years.
              It's so clear what would happen.
              I just don't see myself spending that much money for a car.
              Yes, I am poor and I drive an old import car that is expecting 10th anniversary in 2005.
              [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Most vehicles will never appreciate in value. Only extremely desireable and/or limited production cars are to be considered an investment, and it generally takes at least 20 years to see a return on that investment. Most cars I deal with are at least 30 years old, and it's cool to see one of them worth 25K now when they only cost 2K new! I saw a 68 Chevelle at an auction sell for 46K ! It had like 9K original miles and still had the window sticker in it. The car sold new for $2800.00. Now that's an investment!
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  Just till some dope with $85Gs in his pocket and 2 brain cells comes in

[/ QUOTE ]

Bite me.

I've wanted a Viper for a long time and if I could afford one I'd have one. It's because I love the car. I could give a flyingfuck what anyone else thinks. Dropping $85k on a guitar is no more stupid than dropping $2-3k for a guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I'm with you! I would take it and just give me the open road.
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Has anyone driven one. Viper is a killer ride. Awesome power from that V10. The one I drove had a 5 speed, [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] and would plant your butt in the seat. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Fun to drive but still way to much money. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

When I was younger I wanted a car like that, but driving around the Washington DC area cures you of that sh!t pretty quickly. Driving around here consists solely of slogging through horrible traffic--you'd never have a chance to take a Viper or Vette up to speed, and you'd be a menace to other drivers if you tried.

Just give me an old beater with good gas mileage and low insurance premiums, thank you.

Comment

The Viper is cool, and worth every penny they ask.........It seems to be a common theme on guitar boards, this "Its too expensive..." Are guitar players really that cheap?...........

Comment

As soon as I dump my Vette ...I'n buying Viper (1st) or a Z06 (2nd) .. or a Shelby Cobra (3rd)

Of course not new ...but I'll have the cash in hand by spring to buy a great used one...hopefully a Viper. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I just saw a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 all original go for $120,000 on ebay a couple of weeks ago! That car was $4000 new! I should have never sold mine. I mean my Chevelles not an LS6...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Most vehicles will never appreciate in value. Only extremely desireable and/or limited production cars are to be considered an investment, and it generally takes at least 20 years to see a return on that investment. Most cars I deal with are at least 30 years old, and it's cool to see one of them worth 25K now when they only cost 2K new! I saw a 68 Chevelle at an auction sell for 46K ! It had like 9K original miles and still had the window sticker in it. The car sold new for $2800.00. Now that's an investment!

[/ QUOTE ]

But then compare the wages and prices of 20-30 years ago with those of today - if everything had stayed the same, would it be a profit?

Newc

Comment

The only car I can think of that actually has appreciated in value in real terms is the SSK.........

Comment

Working...
                                X