how about a lenny kravitz "endorsment deal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about a lenny kravitz "endorsment deal"

throw everything and the kitchen sink at him, the guy just has the rock star thing happening. big time [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: how about a lenny kravitz \"endorsment deal\"

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It'd be kind of strange and yet interesting at the same time to see Lenny getting funky with a King V. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I want Jessica Simpson to have a deal with new Jackson catalog and swags.
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love Lenny. I wanna be just like him when I grow up.
        Wasn't he rocking out in a Target commercial recently? He was all over the keys and the gee-tars. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I miss his dreds (or however you spell it).
        Yeah, a Lenny endorsement deal would be the cat's meow definitely.

Em

Comment

I got the new Lenny CD, and unfortunately, am not real impressed with it. Maybe I need to listen to it a few more times. Lenny is a BAMF though. If he endorsed plastic mickey mouse guitars, people would buy them. However, I can't see him straying from the vintage rock machines (V's, strats, etc.)

Comment

He is a real vintage gear freak overal (not just guitars). He loves old amps, mics, effects, drums, etc.

Comment

I agree, Lenny is the man but his latest music is shitty ass, unoriginal, and boring. Love his GAP commercials, though!

Comment

Lenny is the ****. Yeah, I agree that some of the songs on his new disc are slow and not very original, but for the most part, I love his new stuff. Minister of Rock & Roll is a kickass tune.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The V's he uses look so kick ass. Especially the 3 pickup one he is playing in the new Gap ad with S.J. Parker. I don't see him switching any time soon.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

He is one bad ass for sure. If he only new how to play one of those cool guitars he wears. I compare him to 2 players.
                    Hendrix but without the chops
                    Prince but without the chops.
                    He does write some cool catchy tunes though. I am a fan of his but not his playing.

Comment

Maybe he figures there's enough killer guitarists out there, plus I'm sure he's grown tired of the Hendrix/Prince comparisons.
                      Face it, there's not a lot of room for a black rock guitar hero who isn't trying to be the Second Coming of Hendrix. The ones that tried to have a career in rock guitar and NOT be pushed into Hendrix' shoes had to go for full-on shred (Greg Howe), or some Funkadelic/Alternative like SpaceyT so they wouldn't be hounded to death about "carrying Hendrix' Torch" or some other media-generated bullsh1t.

Lenny's seen a lot of sh1t in his career, and I'm quite sure that most of it deals with the Hendrix Legacy. It's taken him years to get to where he is now as far as advertising spots and commercial radio success, simply because most people saw "black man with guitar playing rock = Hendrix II, or a half-assed wannabe", but he's always had good songs.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Funny how when you take people like Lenny whos father is white, Tiger Wood's mother is Thai and Hally Berry's mother is white, but they are refered to being black?
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Funny how when you take people like Lenny whos father is white, Tiger Wood's mother is Thai and Hally Berry's mother is white, but they are refered to being black?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but at least they look black. What about Mariah Carey, and Vanessa Williams. Both of them say they are black, but are whiter than an albino snowman.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

It's a legacy of the 'one drop rule' from when America had slavery and then segregation. It meant that if you had a single black ancestor among your grandparents (or maybe even great-grandparents) you were deemed 'black' as far as the law was concerned.

The interesting thing about this to me is that it seems to be mostly black Americans who are now the biggest supporters of the 'one drop rule'. Many blacks seem to hold the notion that their own identity and culture is shaped by their black ancestors, but not their white ancestors. Lots to ponder there, but who has the time?

Most other countries in the Western Hemisphere that had slavery have terms for different degrees of black ancestry, such as 'mulatto', 'quadroon' or 'creole'--however, those terms also unfortunately carry the baggage of slavery and segregation, since they were used to limit the rights of people.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Lots to ponder there, but who has the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.... that's my life, right there!

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X