• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how about a lenny kravitz \"endorsment deal\"

[ QUOTE ]
    slash is white(jewish) real name saul hudson

[/ QUOTE ]
    Slash is ½ Black though just as Lennie Kravitz is...
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

oh ok, i've never heard that before. any mention i've read or seen makes a huge deal about him being jewish. like that matters in rock n roll.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] I have always thought vernon reids solos were pure musical non sense and jibberish. Sounds like some 7th grader trying to shred. Now, if you wanna talk about guitarists of african american ethnicity, Tony Macalpine makes all the others look like a midget trying to beat off with boxing gloves on. but thats just my opinion. Tony kicks major ass. He is a fine musician. I never understood why vernon ried was so critically acclaimed and such a non talented player, and guys like Macalpine got very little recognition. and How bout Stanley Jordan, not a metal player, but he is one of the most amazing guitarists on the planet bar none!!! But you dont see him on musicians friend website with a signature model. take a listen to his version of "Bolero" its very cool and all the harmony parts at the end were done with NO overdubs, he played them all together live using both hands on the neck. I challenge ANYBODY to do that!!!!!!

I have never thought of Lenny as a guitarist, he just plays as he sings. thats not bad, but he just isnt a lead player.

AS far as that Gibson V, thats about as cost effective as the Zakk Wylde model, they are both extreme wastes of cash. you can buy 3 new Jackson USA's for that price. I would NEVER buy a Gibson guitar!! Thats the biggest crock about Gibsons being THAT good. go try on out in a store and see if you think they are worth $3800, I dont think so... Apparently there are people out there who buy them, but I have never met one. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          oh ok, i've never heard that before. any mention i've read or seen makes a huge deal about him being jewish. like that matters in rock n roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever see Slash with his hair up he looks real black. His comments on One in a Million were - It offended me because I am Black. He just is real light in his half mix where Lenny is darker and Weezie's son [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tonemonster,

We'll have to agree to disagree on Vernon. I like what he does, but as I said, he's not everyone's 'cup of tea'. I whole-heartedly agree on Macalpine though.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Stanley Jordan live 3-4 times back when I was in college. What he does is beyond amazing. Totally unique approach to the instrument. He does deserve a lot more credit than he gets.

-Kenn

Comment

Working...
            X