Any Cult fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Cult fans?

They've got a cool vibe - I really like "Electric", "Sonic Temple" and "Ceremony". I may have to score their last one, too, someday soon.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

The Cult kicks so much ass.
      Electric is like one of the best straight ahead rock albums ever. I always refer back to that one when I need to be reminded how powerful that basic stripped down sound is.
      Love, Sonic Temple, & Ceremony are great ones too.

Comment

Yep, The Cult just flat-out rocks. Electric & Sonic Temple are two of my all-time favorites.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The Cult rules!
          I had a chance to see the Sonic Temple tour at Universal Amphitheater.
          GREAT! I have a bootleg Video from Ceremony Tour in Italy and rocks too.
          Killer Guitar Tone.
          Here is a picture of Duffy's stuff went for sale earlier and recent live of Cardboard Vampyres featuring Duffy in West Hollywood.

Comment

I too, have the DVD, and was less than blown away. Still, it's the closest I ever got to seeing them live, so it'll have to do.

I'm with Sully == if you don't have "Beyond Good and Evil," you must get in your car and go purchase it right this instant. That and "Electric." You can build from there.

Comment

Beyond Good and Evil ROCKS! I have that one in my CD Changer in my car! I've been a huge Cult fan since I heard Sweet Soul Sister!

Comment

I love the Cult! But the other guitarist in Cardboard Vampires is none other than...JERRY CANTRELL.

Comment

I like the Cult okay, but I'm of the age that when I see or hear "The Cult" I think of The Blue Oyster Cult. The live album "On Your Feet or On Your Knees" that opened up to stage with wall-to-wall Marshalls and a sky of ominous thunderclouds behind them was one of the classic early metal albums, like 1974 or 1975. The live version of "Cities On Flame (With Rock and Roll)" was extremely kickass,
                  and Billy Duffy will never play like Buck Dharma did 30 years ago.

But yeah, besides that, the 80s-90s Cult are alright.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I agree that "beyond good and evil" kicks major arse, and I also like "sonic temple" two of my faves of theirs. I got hooked on them when I saw the video for "Fire Woman" back in the day, like Newc said,"when mtv was worth a damn". I bought all their CD's after that. Their early stuff is sure differnt from the later CDs. they really progressed over time. I do support their advice to go get Beyond good and evil ASAP. its a great CD, in fact I listened to it last week while excercising.

I was just expecting more from the live DVD.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

A huge cult fan? No but I like them for sure They were solid and now sound too much like the doors
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                      X