Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyone here who has tried Hot Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone here who has tried Hot Rails?

Is there anyone here who has tried Hot Rails? How are they good clean? Are they very loud?

Rudy D.

Re: Is there anyone here who has tried Hot Rails?

They are great!
    It doesn't get that clean but it works.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got one in the neck of my 650xl. It is definitely loud and not the best clean pickup. But it does provide some of the best shred metal lead tones I've heard. I always do my soloing with that pickup when playing that guitar.

I;ve also got one in the bridge of my Hamer Mirage. It works very well as a bridge pickup, provides some serious balls to a strat type guitar. Harmonics jump out of it like crazy. It is also very articulate under heavy gain. Depending on the guitar, it could be a little thin if you're used to very bottom heavy full sized humbuckers.

Comment

I am also thinking about coil splitting them. Is this a good idea? Maybe i could use it for getting good cleans.

Rudy D.

Comment

if you want a HB PU in singlecoil size that has nice cleans as well as nice leads, try the SD lil Screaming Demon, it works fine for me in both fields

harrald

Comment

I've got the Hot Rails in my middle and neck positions of my Shannon, with the neck pickup able to be split using my 5-way megaswitch. I always love having BOTH a humbucker sound and a single coil sound in the neck position for versatility-heaven. The Hot Rails pickup kicks arse.

Comment

I have Hot Rails in middle and neck positions. They are absolutely great. Awsome Shredding tone.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
              X