Breaking the E-Bay addiction....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking the E-Bay addiction....

Is there a support group out there for those trying to kick the "E-Bay habit"?? I gotta stop but I dont know if I can...Mr LPCs pay will now be short 635 some odd dollars a month due to investments...and thats cut seriously into my ebay money. In the past month and a half Ive been surfing E-bay for winter sweaters, and with the 2 that just came in today, Ive got enough to last me a month without wearing the same one twice (and that doesnt count the ones I already had). Im running out of room in both closets fairly quick, but I cant stop buying them....I need serious help in kicking the habit....

Mrs LPC

Re: Breaking the E-Bay addiction....

You and me both [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I'm facing close to 5Gs in CC debt, I have $1600 in the bank, with $400 coming out, and I'm surfing Ebay [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cold Turkey sounds good in theory, don't it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Im running out of room in both closets fairly quick, but I cant stop buying them....
      Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

I see a future episode of "Clean Sweep" in the works.

Comment

Jeez, em, I LOVE that show. And I've been acting on it, too. In fact, I just sold about $600 worth of stuff on ebay that came out of my 'toy' room that wasn't getting used.

So that is one thing to do about it: try selling for a while. I have to say, "finding" money by selling stuff on ebay is almost (ALMOST) as much fun as buying stuff.

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Me??? Clean Sweep??? NEVER....Im the BIGGEST packrat you will ever meet!!! I have clothes that I havent worn in years just hanging there, waiting...because they know...one day, I will wear them again....Mr LPC is the very same way...he has....WHITE LEVIS that hes had since high school...do you really think hes gonna get THOSE buttoned???

Mrs LPC

Comment

Man i'm devasted.. 1st it was that rr5... and then the LPC. I'm a sad panda [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a pair of 501's in 9th grade that I could still wear until I turned 24 or so...

Sorry, just thinking out loud. Well, sort of thinking.
              K

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Me??? Clean Sweep??? NEVER....Mr LPC is the very same way...he has....WHITE LEVIS that hes had since high school...do you really think hes gonna get THOSE buttoned???
                Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That is TOO FUNNY! White Levis. Rad.

My grandmother is the Queen of the Craprats. Holy cannoli. She's had stuff stashed in her house since umm... since... the late 40s!
                Not organized either, which drives me insane. Literally.
                My biggest pet peeve is not being able to find something.
                I HATE THAT SO BAD! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My closet is probably extremely pathetic compared to yours. In fact, we are opposites. If I haven't worn it at all during the current season, out it goes. And I only buy clothes if I have to replace anything. Same goes for shoes.
                I got my zoris and my Docs and one pair of kickass heels. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Speaking of Clean Sweep.. its on soon.. must watch it. I have a crush on one of the designers. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

OH i would break down and cry if someone said I had to get rid of the stuff in my closets....as far as being organized, I guess I am to a point...I know where everything is....even if its in a weird place...Mr LPC has given up on trying to find things here by himself...he just asks and I go find it....I did clean out my closets a few months ago and took 4 50 gallon lawn trash bags full of clothes to the salvation army...not shoes though, I could never part with my shoes....not that I have alot...2 pair of ropers, 2 pair of Keds, 2 pair of black heels...(its starting to sound like the Ark now)....some flats and sandals....maybe 20 pair all together....so its not THAT bad....YET!!!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

Try living with 3 clothes ho's (I say ho's with affection, because they are my wife and daughters). I find clothes with the tag still on because they never wore it, but now it doesn't fit because they out grew it. I just think about how many guitars I could have bought with the money wasted.
                    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

If he spent as much of guitars as I do clothes, we wouldnt be able to walk in the house at all...I would have to rent one house to live in and one to store all the guitars.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mrs LPC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        ...I would have to rent one house to live in and one to store all the guitars.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

A whole house entirely for guitars!!??????
                        Oh Oh Oh. Be still my heart. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Gotta go... I have a Christmas list to update.

Em

Comment

Oh, please. You would not need another house just for guitars. Think BIG. You need one BIG ASS HOUSE, big enough for your toys AND his.

Sheesh, do I have to think of EVERYTHING?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

I'm with Krista - I organize things my own way - by layers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I know which layer to start looking for something, even though I may not know exactly which layer it's in [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sometimes sorting through the clutter is like Christmas - you find stuff you forgot you were looking for and it's usually a nice surprise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for the Levi's Sam's had for years, tell him you'll dig up his bones 10 years after he dies and put them on him, cuz that's the only way he'll fit in 'em again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Speaking of old threads, I've got a Hawaiian shirt I've had since I was 16 (now 35) and it still fits like new. Of course, it's an Extra Large, and I'm not [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            It's the blue one in the NAMM pics with Me, Tekky, Joel, the future Mrs Joel, and Mrs STLKINGV (sorry, I'm so horrible with remembering names [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
                            I've got another one that's a loud-ass red, but it shrunk up from a Large to a Medium [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                            But I still have it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I'll let my kids wear it when I have some [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X