NHL Lockout Certain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Lockout Certain

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Lockout
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: NHL Lockout Certain

<font color="aqua">sh!t! For real?????? </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Well, at least Canada won the World Cup.

Comment

Yeah, I wish that both sides would realize what this will do for the sport. It's pretty depressing.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Start buying stock in the WHA...........

Comment

The hell with the NHL and NHLPA. They do not care about the fans who pay their salaries. Knowing that the current CBA would expire for the last 4 years and letting it go this far without any resolve is blatant disregard for the people who love NHL Hockey, myself included. I hope they sit out 2 years. I can't believe that the NHLPA thinks the league is profitable, only a couple teams are but as a whole they are not. Players salaries have gotten outta hand the last 10 years under the current CBA. Where do owners get the money to pay the players? from the fans and raising their ticket prices. It's so pathetic. The WNBA is a bigger draw on TV than the NHL is.

I watched the last 2 games of the World Cup and saw some great hockey that made me want more. Seeing those 2 ass clowns being interviewed last night was the end of all, neither party will budge and neither party is willing to negotiate nor answer when they will meet again or how long a lockout may be. Their only thing they said was "sorry". The owners are just as much to blame as the players, case in point is Martin LaPoint signing with the Bruins, that guy hit the lotto with that deal. There are many more deals like that where players are paid way more than their abilities. I don't mind marquee players making money of 5-7 million a year but a average Joe making 4 mil a season is crazy. The owners ended up shooting themselves by paying for that kind of deal, it just raised the bar for other players and agents to get the same kind of "over payment for service rendered" to players of average skill levels.

I'll find something else to do with my time this winter and have more money in my pocket too. A friend of mine said the same thing, no NHL DirecTV Center Ice package, no $85 game tickets, no $10 parking, $4 hot dogs, $5.50 beers etc - it all adds up.

I have been an NHL fan since I can remember (4yrs old) and I have never felt this pissed off before over the labor disputes. I think its time for better representation for both sides, especially kicking Garry Betteman ass out of the NHL. The League is going to lose a lot of momentum that it had going. Look at MLB's last strike and how long it took to build it back...it took a home run battle/record breaker to bring that game back into light.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Lame. Oh well, I guess I'll be talking to my neighbor Chris Drury a lot this winter.

Comment

WTF??Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Comment

There is always D-1 college hockey... GO GOPHERS! Looks like I am gonna have to start skating more so I can get my hockey fix. Too bad to hear about the lockout. The way I see it is if the players are going whine about salaries, I do not want to see them play. They still make more than enough money.
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Lame. Oh well, I guess I'll be talking to my neighbor Chris Drury a lot this winter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn! I went to school and played hockey with his older brother Ted. Chris is great player. Too bad we won't see him for a while.

This sucks ass the same as it did ten years ago. I cannot believe that the players, owners and Bettman are letting this go. Bettman's press conf was horrible. "This option was not taken lightly."
                    When asked if the league was afraid of loosing fans, he said no and that the league is over 80 years old. He's basically saying that the fans will come back no matter how long it takes. BULLSHIT! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I spent all my life being pissed at the Bruins for not bringing home a cup in my lifetime (well there was 72, but I was only 1) Now I'm just sick of the whole deal. So now that they decided to not even try to come to an agreement before midnight, they're sitting back and takin their time.

Football, baseball and racing are good enough for me. Fuk the NHL.

Jim

Comment

I'm interested in whether Chelios will threaten Bettman's family again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

lock em out! after 9/11 they make way too much money to cry
                        poor. huge hockey fan, but firefighters and police officers,
                        and emergency workers are more deserving of my money than pro athlete's. salary cap is not that bad of an idea. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Didn't Roenick get in trouble for sayin something too? And then they all got together and trashed their hotels at the Olympics. Good point DK2m. Bring on the cap and get back on the ice.

I am such a puss though. They night they go back, I'll be right there watchin. Typical sucker! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Jim [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Didn't Roenick get in trouble for sayin something too? And then they all got together and trashed their hotels at the Olympics. Good point DK2m. Bring on the cap and get back on the ice.

I am such a puss though. They night they go back, I'll be right there watchin. Typical sucker! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Jim [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I don't think Roenick said anything. I just remember Chelios.

And honestly, yeah, I'll be there too. I love hockey too much to boycott it.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X