Johnny Ramone -- R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Ramone -- R.I.P.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, and don't get all up in my **** if it is:

Johnny Ramone Passes On

Don't know how you guys feel about the Ramones, but they were one of the bands that defined who I am.

They actually changed my life -- twice.

First when I was in high school, and bought the first album. I had never heard anything like it...and I loved it. Completely affected my taste in music from that point on.

Second, a few years ago, when Joey died. I was so shocked that he could die. I was in a funk for weeks...thinking that life was so short, and fragile, and precious, and you had to grab it for all it's worth. You have to do WHAT you want to do...so you'll never feel like you missed out on something.

A couple months later I took guitar lessons -- at 37 I was finally doing something I had wanted to do since I was a teenager.

Two years later I'm in a band -- Crankdaddy -- and playing my first live show ever at CBGBs of all places. There's some strange karma in the world man...Joey's death prompted me to learn to play guitar...and I make my live debut at the house he and the Ramones made famous.

Rest in peace, Johnny. Get together with Joey and Dee Dee up in heaven and rock it hard.

Re: Johnny Ramone -- R.I.P.

RIP Johnny. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I loved their music growing up and my band still plays a couple of their songs when we gig.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Damn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

R.I.P. Johnny [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Holy Crap! The most UN-lucky band in the world. 3/4's of them are dead WAY too young.

I wanted to use some witty saying from a Ramones tune, but I can't think right now.

RIP Johnny!
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

RIP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

R.I.P Johnny. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Crank, when are you guys playing at CBGB? Make sure you post the dates and times. When I was growing up, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Iggy an the Stooges, and Black Flag were major influences in my playing style. Probably why I can't shred a note. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But they were good times, and that is what the punk movement was to me. FUN! It wasn't meant to be perfect, but it was in its raw simplicity.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think you guys know how much I love the Ramones and punk in general....this sucks! RIP my friend [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Definitely an Icon. Bummer way to go too.. Sigh...

Comment

So freaking Sad... That whole group just passing on... Strummer the Ramones man oh Man [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] R.I.P., Johnny.

Comment

Influence can not be measured by record sales. If so, they would off the chart. They will be missed. RIP Johnny R.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

R.I.P. Johnny [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
                          X