Blue Murder and John Sykes,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Murder and John Sykes,

Any Blue Murder fans here? I'm a HUGE Sykes fan. IMO he made the best rhythm guitar tone ever in Whitesnake's 1987 and Blue Murder's 1989 albums.
    What do you think?
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Blue Murder and John Sykes,

The BEST.
    My favorite is the 1st album of Blue Murder.
    I always have that CD in my Car Stereo.
    Great singer as well.
    I wish he could go back with David Coverdale or the original lineup of Blue Murder.
    I have a bootleg Video from their first world tour and kicks ASS.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got the Super Rock '84 boot. Wanted to see some video of Sykes playing those songs live. Great guitarist. Love his playing, although I really should check into more of his stuff.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The BEST.
        My favorite is the 1st album of Blue Murder.
        I always have that CD in my Car Stereo.
        Great singer as well.
        I wish he could go back with David Coverdale or the original lineup of Blue Murder.
        I have a bootleg Video from their first world tour and kicks ASS.
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
        Hey man, where did you get that bootleg?
        Sykes is a badass guitar player, singer and songwriter. And his vibrato is amazing!!!
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i just saw sykes a few months back - he's fronting Thin Lizzy right now. They KICKED MAJOR FUCKIN' ASS. If you get a chance to see them, it is well worth it. Sykes was fantastic. He covered the lead vocals. They had Gorum in the lineup and he was fantastic as well. They opened for Deep Purple and it was tragic how much Thin Lizzy blew away Deep Purple.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I saww them live on Nothing but trouble tour in L.A. and kicked ass.
            At the time, he was using rectifier in the rack with HH-800 power amp.
            Vitamin G, I almost went to see that Super Rock 84 when I was 13.
            I wanted to see Scorpions.
            I had a huge sign of Super Rock 84 video advertisement sign from a record store in Japan.

Endrik, PM me, I will give you information where I got... in 89 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I bought it right after it came out.115 mins show.

Tim, I PM sent back.

Comment

Check out the ray gillen web site. In addition to the Jake stuff, there are some demos he recorded with John Sykes. Very cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X