computer help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer help...

can't get rid of iwantsearch.com, went to uninstall removed it from there and it still comes up. any ideas? thanx [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: computer help...

Maybe you have a program like Kazza or i-mesh ,something that iwantsearch came with it.
    Also when you want to remove it, make sure to search all the files that associated with it and remove them all.

Comment

Have you tried downloading and running Adaware?

Comment

I can walk you through the registry. It will rid you of it. But don't accidentally delete anything or you could have a problem bigger than Iwantsearch.

Start --> Run --> Type [regedit]--> close any expanded menus's so that you have only 5 menu's. Classes Root, Current User, Local Machine...etc. --> Goto File --> Export and save to the root of your "C" Drive and a Floppy --> Goto Edit --> find --> in "Find What" type [what your looking for here]

As it finds them delete them. Press F3 to find again.

Hope this helps.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I can walk you through the registry. It will rid you of it. But don't accidentally delete anything or you could have a problem bigger than Iwantsearch.

Start --> Run --> Type [regedit]--> close any expanded menus's so that you have only 5 menu's. Classes Root, Current User, Local Machine...etc. --> Goto File --> Export and save to the root of your "C" Drive and a Floppy --> Goto Edit --> find --> in "Find What" type [what your looking for here]

As it finds them delete them. Press F3 to find again.

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't follow these instructions. Deleting just the entries that include "iwantsearch" will leave your machine in a harder state to repair.

First, try Adaware or one of the other anti-spyware/malware tools.

If you're still stuck, shoot me a PM/e-mail and I'll see what I can do.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

jim shine... hippietim... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            problem solved.
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

By which method? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

adaware. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                X