Crashed my bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed my bike!

Layed the bike down tonight. I was just down the street from my house, and was turning a corner. I don't know what happened, but before I had time to react, my bike was sliding across the street, and I was on the road. Luckily, other than a couple of little scrapes, I'm okay. The bike survived with just a bent footpeg.

My best guess is that as I was getting the bike out of the garage, I must have run the back tire over an oily patch or something. I'll have to be more careful in future.

You know how they say there are two types of bikers, those who have crashed, and those who will crash? Well I guess I'm the latter now. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Crashed my bike!

HEHE, least you can smile about it... I just got mine back on the rode today!!! WOOHOOO!!!

Helmet or not?

Glad all is well bro! Seriously!

Pat

Comment

Glad you are ok. Things definitely could have been worse. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Duh, Glad you're OK. Bike tires need to be warmed up for traction also. "Laid" [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Duh, Glad you're OK. Bike tires need to be warmed up for traction also. "Laid" [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, laid. I didn't even hit my head.
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          As for traction, I wasn't moving fast enough for that to be an issue. I was barely on the throttle. I had stopped at a stop sign, and begun turning right. I was barely moving.

Comment

Glad you're ok, and the bike (mostly) is too. In the year or so that my little sissy-bike was my only transportation, I put it down twice without meaningful consequence. And the second (and more serious) time, I literally came to rest on the sidewalk in front of a fire house: before I had a chance to stand up, there were a bunch of EMTs gathered around to see if I was okay. I was, and after that one I began to consider that I might be running out of close calls.

ANYWAY, glad you're good!

Keith
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

My Grandfather and Uncle were both killed on a bikes. Glad you are OK, so kiss your girl and be happy to walk away from it, because it could have been gone the other way.
              Be safe Dude.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

I bet it's a relief to get that first 'incident' over with and have so little damage.

A few months ago I was deciding between getting a sport bike or a new stand up jet ski. I went with the jet ski, and wipe out all the time without a scratch.

Comment

If I had a sport bike, I would probably have killed myself months ago. I definitely have to be a little more careful, and more aware of my surroundings though. Live and learn. Luckily this was a cheap lesson.

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay. Minor crashes can be good, because hopefully it make ya stop a think and maybe be a little more careful. It doesn't sound like you were doing anything wrong in this case though. It just goes to show ya that riding any bike requires total concentration at all times.

Oh and BTW, I'm ones of the guys that crashed... many, many times in fact, though always on dirtbikes and three wheelers.

Comment

totally understand, man. Ive gone down 3 times in 17 years on the street. T-boned some idiot that turned in front of me (bruised tailbone) hit oil from what looked like the exxon valdez in the middle of a turn (**** up left knee) and in 01, hit some sand in while leaned over (separated right shoulder, and a concussion). The last one, without a helmet, I would either be dead or a complete vegetable. My gsxr hasnt hit the ground yet (knock, knock) and hopefully, wont.
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Lets start a up a posse Zeegler... Were you wearing a helmet when you had the accident?... [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

As long as you were wearing a helmet I have respect for you, If not **** you..............

I've put down my fair share of bikes, but always come out on top, since I have a helmet on
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Dammit man-Glad you are ok

Comment

once i crashed my bike when turning on a corner in my college. imagine the humiliation.

Comment

Working...
                              X