Hey Newc (or anyone interested )...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Newc (or anyone interested )...

<font color="yellow"> I didnt want to hijack you other thread about anime, but noone will probably even know what I'm talking about anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Since you are all into that stuff, have you ever seen a show called "The Space Giants" ?

I have been trying to obtain a copy of that stuff for years and just can't ,something to do with public domain or the lack of the copy rights not being in it. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, it was a similar show to the anime stuff, but only it was live action. Similar to Ultraman and Johhny Soko and his Giant robot, all which I have managed to obtain, but no Space Giants [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Another show which wasn't live action , but supermarionation that was great was Captain Scarlet, are you familiar with that?</font>
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Hey Newc (or anyone interested )...

Try eBay I've seen a lot of stuff about them on it. I keep looking from time to time about them releasing DVDs or something.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky,

I used to see them all over E-bay and now that I want to get them, there is nothing. All the sudden someone claimed the rights to the show and doesn't feel there is a need to release it. I had a few connections to guys who sold all this kind of stuff, and even they won't sell it anymore, they will only trade and I don't have anything to trade with them.

Comment

I think if someone claimed rights to the stuff they feel the need to release it and make their own coin on it.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

If they claimed the rights to it but won't release it, it sounds like they're going to re-do it as some sort of candy-ass Power Rangers thing.

I never heard of it, though. I have seen the original shows that the Power Rangers was taken from, though. It was way better IMO. Of course, they also had funny overdubs, whereas Power Rangers tried to present "serious" teen issues [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It was said that the guy who claimed the rights to it doesn't see a market for it, and I guess he just doesn't want anyone else making anything off of it either.

It's on of those cult type things where I'm sure there are a ton of peolple who want to see it again, but no mainsteam market kind of thing (

Comment

Hey guys listen to this -https://home.comcast.net/~burton.chris/spacegiants.mp3

Maybe it will refresh some of your memries HAHA. This was the best theme song of all of those shows from that era IMHO.

By the way, why do my links not highlight when you hover over them ? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

hell ya...Goldar...Silvar...damnit...i cant remember the kids name [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]....and the loogoo men(sp?) that show was cool.
                dude how do i get hooked up on a copy of the johny sako and the giant robot?...that was my second fav.
                ....holy S hit..someone that remembers that S hit....wow thats cool.
                MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey guys listen to this -https://home.comcast.net/~burton.chris/spacegiants.mp3
                  By the way, why do my links not highlight when you hover over them ? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The dash attached itself to the front of that link. Try

https://home.comcast.net/~burton.chris/spacegiants.mp3

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron,

Thanks!

Moshwitz,

That kids name was Gam and the kid withthe whistle was Meko. You can get the whole Johhny Soko series on DVD from E-bay sometimes for as little as 15.00 ! I don't have that, but I have all 39 Episodes of Ultraman that I got for only 18.00 from E-bay.

Those two are all over E-bay, but again No Space Giants [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X