Widow - Midnight Strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widow - Midnight Strikes

If you guys haven't picked this up, do so. After hearing the first three tracks I can definitely hear the Maiden and Priest influences. I am very pleased thus far with what I am hearing. More after I've had a chance to really listen to the whole cd.

Re: Widow - Midnight Strikes

One of those guys is a forum member, no? I'll have to check that out. Did you get it from their website?

Comment

Yeah, dreamland_rebel. And yes, I got it from their website.

O.K. a little more info on the disc. There really isn't a weka track among them. There are a few standouts, though. But my favorites may be different from others'.

The songs - pretty much straight forward metal in the style of Maiden and Priest. Double guitars, fast paced rhythms, good technical proficiency.

Vocals - clean for the most part with a few harsh growling lines thrown in. Not enough to disuade those who prefer clean vocals but a little bit to satisfy those who like the more brutal side of things. The singer has a good voice, although not very distinct. I couldn't hear him sing and instantly now who it was (ala Dio, Ozzy, Dickinson, etc.)

Rhythm section - Bass and drums are nice and tight and work well together. No complaints here.

Guitars - this is where the Maiden and Priest comparisons really hit home. Double guitars, tasteful leads, fast and aggressive rhythms, top notch stuff here. The tone of the guitars was also very good. I wonder what kind of pickups they use. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

All in all, Widow sums it up pretty well by saying "If you don't like us, you don't like metal."

4 stars

Comment

link?
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Here is the link (click here).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Guitars - this is where the Maiden and Priest comparisons really hit home. Double guitars, tasteful leads, fast and aggressive rhythms, top notch stuff here. The tone of the guitars was also very good. I wonder what kind of pickups they use?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn fine metal!

My fave quote: "We are pushing the boundaries of traditional metal! And we are drinking a whole lot!" [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              link?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, sorry. Thanks NOP.

Comment

Music, I like. Vocals, I mostly like (skip the bullfrog stuff on the side), lyrics no likely.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                X