[ QUOTE ]
      Chuck - you out there [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

He is busy looking for a Jackson now.
      [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Paging Chuckracer...205 mph Cycle Alert

That story is a huge exaggeration. The kid was riding a Honda RC51. I owned an RC51 for 3 years and know just about every single thing there is know about that particular bike. I know for a fact that bike will not do 205mph. I don't care what mods you do to it, it will not go that fast. That bikes top speed is around 176 mph and the best mods in the world won't put you past 138hp. The fastest production bike ever built is the 1999 Suzuki GSXR-1300 Hayabusa and it topped out at around 190mph. Todays GP racing bikes which cost millions to design and build and have over 200hp are just breaking the 200mph mark.

Comment

Sworn enemy is 100% correct. The Ducati GP bikes are just now touching 205 on a LOOONG straight and they are million dollar motorcycles.

RC51's are cool bikes, but they won't do 205 straight down!

BTW, I've crashed at 140 and it's no big deal. You just slide for about a month!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sworn enemy is 100% correct. The Ducati GP bikes are just now touching 205 on a LOOONG straight and they are million dollar motorcycles.

RC51's are cool bikes, but they won't do 205 straight down!

BTW, I've crashed at 140 and it's no big deal. You just slide for about a month!

[/ QUOTE ]

O'k...so are you at least impressed by the speedo video, or the dude that dumps his chick off the back of the bike [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

The Speedo Vid is BS. The guy has his bike geared real low (down in front, up in rear) and the speedo is driven off of the first gear in the tranny so it will read high. It looks like an R6 or R1.
              By looking at the scenery, he's not going that fast at all. Maybe 100 at the most.

The "Leap Of No Faith" was pretty impressive!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The fastest production bike ever built is the 1999 Suzuki GSXR-1300 Hayabusa and it topped out at around 190mph. Todays GP racing bikes which cost millions to design and build and have over 200hp are just breaking the 200mph mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, as a Hayabusa owner I have just one minor correction Top on a stock 1999-2000 Busa is closer 10 195 depending on the rider. 200+ is easily attainable with turbochargers, and many aftermarket companies can install one for $3 - 8K. I know fellow Busa owners who can get to 215, 220 with a well-tuned turbo and intercooler setup.

l8r
                R
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't ride a bike ..

But you guys be fukkin' careful!!!

BTW..will you guys stop fukkin' with me at the light ...My vette can't beat your bikes OK ... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    The fastest production bike ever built is the 1999 Suzuki GSXR-1300 Hayabusa and it topped out at around 190mph. Todays GP racing bikes which cost millions to design and build and have over 200hp are just breaking the 200mph mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, as a Hayabusa owner I have just one minor correction Top on a stock 1999-2000 Busa is closer 10 195 depending on the rider. 200+ is easily attainable with turbochargers, and many aftermarket companies can install one for $3 - 8K. I know fellow Busa owners who can get to 215, 220 with a well-tuned turbo and intercooler setup.

l8r
                    R

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is true, a turbo on a busa can put you over 200mph, but not an RC51.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

l8r
                      R

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is true, a turbo on a busa can put you over 200mph, but not an RC51.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to add that racing doesn't allow turbos/superchargers. The GP bikes are hitting 200mph naturally.

Comment

ok crazy speedy bike dudes you can't pay me enough money to get on a bike, well you probably could, but anyway, LOL. you guys can answer a question i've always had. wouldn't it become really difficult to steer a bike going that fast? the front wheel would be like an oversize gyroscope no?
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Yes, the faster you spin that wheel the more stable it becomes.
                          That's what people fail to understand about motorcycles. They think that if you hit one pothole, one rock, you'll go flying. Actually the opposite is true. You have a gyro on each end of the bike and it wants to continue on it's course, not change direction. You also have a very stiff frame and wheels. It ain't a bicycle!
                          It is more difficult to change direction going fast than goin slow. Front end geometry can help to a degree, but yeah, you gotta muscle it around. You ain't drivin a car!

This is what counter steering is all about. At speed, if you want to change direction quickly, you make your initial input to the bars in the opposite direction of your intended trajectory.
                          So if I'm going along and want to flip the bike to the RIGHT, I shove FORWARD on the RIGHT handlebar. The bike will go right in a hurry.

You non-riders...think about that for a minute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

This is what counter steering is all about. At speed, if you want to change direction quickly, you make your initial input to the bars in the opposite direction of your intended trajectory.
                            So if I'm going along and want to flip the bike to the RIGHT, I shove FORWARD on the RIGHT handlebar. The bike will go right in a hurry.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            I remember when an instructor at a motorcycle safety course taught us that move Chuck. Growing up on dirtbikes I didn't believe him but once we ran throuh the cones on the bikes I was a believer. One move I won't try on the street is steering with the rear wheel "backing it in". I'll powerslide on a motocross track without even thinking but on pavement I am to chicken.

Comment

He he...I used to do that all the time on the street. It freaks out the guys behind you!
                              Really, on the racetrack it's only handy in certain types of tight corners were it helps to get the bike turned slightly before the corners apex. It's also fun and looks cool as heck, but I think most guys doing that are doing it cause it is fun. Problem is, it's way too easy to have that back tire hook up while it's steppd out...instant highside!

That was my last street crash, incidently. Had the F4 all stepped out going into a slow canyon corner when she suddenly hooked up, swapped the other way quicker than snot, and over the top we go! "Crunch" says mr. Collarbone!

Comment

i am thinking about it. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                                do you mean you're bringing the back end of the bike around to your right?
                                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
                                X