How do I make a picture bigger????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make a picture bigger????

Ive found a picture on a site, and I "stole" it, and I wanna make it bigger, but stay clear...how do I do it????

Mrs LPC

Re: How do I make a picture bigger????

I don't believe it's possible. If something is fixed at a certain quality and size, you can always shrink it, but making it larger will stretch it. You can increase it a LITTLE bit and it still might look fine. For example, some photos that I take are in the basic 640x480 resolution, and when I set them as my desktop background, they stretch out to fit the whole screen but they're still quite clear for whatever reason.

Comment

Other than old black and white scans, I've never had much luck making pics bigger, especially ones from websites. Those are usually of a low resolution, like 72 or so, and dopn't take so kindly to enlargement. But, I'm not totally down with photoshop either. Maybe there is a guru here that knows the trick to it. I'd sure like to know if there is a better way.

Comment

Get a magnifying glass. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What is your operating system? You can change size with photo editor (if you have it) BTW borrowed perminently sounds better. lol

Comment

You can make it bigger but you will lose resolution.....

In the standard windows xp edit program..(whatever it's called) just go to windows picture and fax viewer or just hit edit and then go to stretch and skew, and change from like 100% to 150%. That will increase the picture size.

Comment

Or save it as bmp format and convert to jpg format.

Comment

Use a bigger camera obviously. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Welp this didnt help any at all....yall are talking greek to me.....I guess I will just have to contact the owner of the site and have them email me a copy of the pic...only bigger....

Mrs LPC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I guess I will just have to contact the owner of the site and have them email me a copy of the pic...only bigger....

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Be very careful with verbiage and explain what you want to do with it.

It's not possible as everyone stated without loosing quality, in a big way.

What's the pic of? post it here and we'll see what we can do.

Pat

Comment

The picture is of my daughter....off of the schools website....and I want the picture big enough to print...ya know how mothers are.....anyway heres the pic...if anybody can make it bigger...I would appreciate it...

Mrs LPC

Ewww...even here it looks blurry...ToeJam must have taken the shot for the school [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] nevermind...

Comment

I was going to say, "pretend you are talking about your penis", but then you mentioned your daughter and I figured saying that would be in poor taste...and you're MRS. LPC. Good Luck.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

It looks like the quality of the original picture is already low.
                          It is impossible to make it bigger and visible.

Comment

Enlarged to 150% of normal.
                            Matt

Comment

I don't think they'd have a problem with sending you the original, never hurts to ask...

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X