Bad news \ Dilema.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news \ Dilema.......

For those of you who know me , you know I have been in a band the last year with a bass player who wa just plain terrible. It has been a major struggle just to stay in the band whiel this guy would tear up every show at one point or another.

Well just recently , we got another guitrist to replace my brother. It was agreed by the whole band that this guy had to be able to work with me and if not then he wasnt' in. Me and my brother played tunes the way they were recorded and didn't stray too much from that.

Well this guy after only haveing one practice with us told the singer and bass player he was ready to do a show and that he knew all the material so they let him play against my and the drummers concerns. He totaly messed up a lot of stuff ,had no clue about other stuff and we had another show a week later. I happen to be on vacation that week, so I called the guys and told them what needed to be addressed,they told this guy they though he was fine and that I was the only one with problems bla bla bla, the drummer also was away that week and he too has some problems with this clown.

Anyway the next gig comes up and he is hacking up the first song, playing parts he was told not to, not playing what he should, and again, these guys tell him he was great , that I have a problem.

The singer sends me an E-mail saying that I'm a whiner and scared to tell the guy what he is dong wrong, I've told the jerk a million times and he isn't listening. And now all the stuff the singer and bass player said htey didn't like at first, all the sudden seems to be fine with them and It;s all my problem.

After being stabbed in the back like that, I just quit, I'm tired of them not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground as far as what sounds good and what is terrible! I'm also tired of being a laughing stock on stage. The fdrummer is on my side and now they are just out voting him on everything 3-1 and he is ready to quit real soon. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Anyway my dilema is this, the drummer wants me to finish the next 6 gigs with them cause a while back when I quit over the bass player I said I would not leave him hanging like that. That was when ther was no other guitarist and I wasn't being backstabed by 3 other people in the band.

It's become hostile now and the only reason I went back is cause the singer and drummer asked me to please reconsider and try to get along with the bass player, the the little but hole singer leaves me out to dry over the new guy who has been in the band 6 weeks and still can't play Paranoid!

Ifeel bad leaving the drumer in that situation, but what would you guys do?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Bad news \\ Dilema.......

It sounds like you are better off to be done with the whole thing. You don't want to be in a band with people who stab you in the back anyway. As for the drummer, tell him to quit, and start up a new band with you.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Tell the drummer to split with you!

Comment

finish the gigs...it looks good for business and then you can't be tarred later for leaving guys in a lurch. i know it's hard, i've been there myself, but my experience has showed me it will pay off in the long run. after you've done the gigs, split amicably (or as much so as possible) and take the drummer with you. that when when you start over you've got an ally that you didn't screw over.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Where a fencing mask at the rest of the gigs so you won't be recognised with these clowns, then pull the rip cord and bail.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

As hard as it will be, finish out the gigs you've committed to. Then you and the drummer split get your brother and start fresh.

Comment

wear corpse paint [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

stand by your word regardless of the situation. Do the gigs, take the drummer with you if you think he's good and you work well together.

an important part of being in a band is you have all get along together and can't have division between members, thats why its a band [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'd rather jam with people I consider friends then with ego driven virtuoso assholes! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Quitting now may burn some bridges that you hadn't thought of before. Play the remaining gigs, talk to the drummer about starting a new project, and let the behind-the-scenes conflicts stay where they are. People who come to see your band play need not know about the problems, aside from the obvious sloppy play of the new guy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Pull the other guitar player's cable out so he can't be heard! Make rude comments on stage when the bass player and other guitar player f*ck up, then ask if an audience member knows how to play the songs correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'd quit and take the drummer with you and form a new band.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Put them in the IRON MAIDEN! (Bill and Ted reference)

Comment

Excellent! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Put them in the IRON MAIDEN!

[/ QUOTE ] Iron Maiden?Awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'd finish the gigs & instead of playing all the parts like they were recorded,improvise every solo & have some fun with it!!Then take the drummer & start a new/better band & tell those dipshits to f*ck themselves with a pointy headstock!!

www.chuckscharvels.com

Comment

Guys, see the thing is . THERE IS NO OTHER PROJECT TO BE STARTED [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This area is so dead as far as musicians , which is why I put up with the sorry bass player to begin with. It's been a year, we have no following, ther is no fun to be found playing to 10 people a night and then at that you can't even look baack and say , At Least we Rocked! They do say that, but in reallity, they have made th last 2 gigs totally suck.

According to the Bass player, they have been on the club circuit for 10 years and NOONE has heard of us! They got into the only 2 Good clubs in this area before I joined the band, and we haven't been able to get into them since.

My Brother isn't interested in playing anymore and there are no singers or bass players or even other guitar players to put another band together. That's why we ended up with this guy on guitar.

I'm getting into my late 30's and have a real bad back, so honestly I'm not looking to go through all that again and really have no ambition to play out anymore. So burning bridges isn't a problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] As far as I'm concerned, I would rater use C-4 than burn them! HAHAHA!

I have a bad temper and a serious health issue so playing ith these guys just for the sake of one person isn't sounding like a good idea the more I think about it.

As far as honering what I said , That was under totally differnt circumstances and now they still actually have 2 guitar players in the band, sa the singer can play guitar, better than the other guy I might add. It's just that witout me, there will be nonoe up front who actually keeps it all together the whole night.

I have always stated on this board that While I'm no shredder and I can't hold a candle to some of you guys lead wise, I am probably one of the few decent overall guitarist in this area. A song is 2-5 minutes, a lead is about 30 seconds.

Anyway to give you an example of the crap I'm talking about, I took off for 2 weeks , no practice played a gig , Rocked made only 2 mistakes and that was on a song I had only played with them once.

These other 2 jokers haced up the show from the first song on!
                              They decided they were gonna go on early, and from my side of the stage , you can't see anything in this club, well they start the song and NO VOCALS! They didn't tell the sound guy we were going on early and he was out back gettiing loaded [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Actually they are a bunch of second rate loosers and I'm ashamed to say that I am part of the band at times. It's just that it was either play with them or don't play at all and that is looking like the better option right now.

Man my last few posts have been long as hell! Sorry guys, I just need to vent right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                              Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
                              X