• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shameful, 3rd party candidates shutout of debates

not really surprising, but still sad.
    http://www.badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1120
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: shameful, 3rd party candidates shutout of debates

Its good and bad. You want to hear all sides, but that means you have to hear the crackpots. If you let in one of those guys you have to let in everyone. Canada tried it one year, and it was like a total clown show. One of the best ideas that came from that debate was the use of meditation to wipe out deficits. Brilliant..........

Comment

Re: shameful, 3rd party candidates shutout of deba

yes you should hear all sides, that's the point. the current debate system is a total farce. there aren't that many candidates on enough ballots to garner the required electoral votes for a win which would easily weed out the "crackpots". if you haven't done the legwork to get on enough state ballots then sorry charlie.

Comment

The sad part is not that they can't play, but rather that their parties seem incapable of generating even modest support.

Based on the criteria listed in that article, the Libs should be able to meet it - but haven't. I like the Libs platform (mostly), but they need to learn how to play politics if they want in the game. At the rate they are going, it's gonna be another decade or two before they can be a contender.

Nader has been screwed over and over by the Dems, who haven't forgotten how they got screwed by Nader in the last election. I'd love to see Badnarik and Nader in the mix, but as neither have a remote shot of even a respectable showing - what's the friggin' point?

Prediction: Badnarik + Nader = 0 Electorial Votes. If they were allowed to join the debates: Badnarik + Nader = 0 Electorial Votes.

Yep - that's sad. I like having choices, as I vote candidates - not parties.
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

It is a shame. I'm a fan of Nader but in the uncomming elections I know that he hasnt a snow ball's chance in heck! For me the choice between Bush and Kerry is a choice between the evil we already know and a candidate who's got too many question marks floating around his campagn.

Politics are a dirty game.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

There are no question marks around Kerry or his campaign.

The question marks are around our current president. Questions like:

Why did he attack a country that had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks of 9/11?

Why has he put the lives of our soldiers at risk so he and his cronies can profit from the war?

Why did he lie to us about weapons of mass destruction?

Why can't he create jobs for Americans?

Why is our country hated around the globe?

Why can't he put proper measures in place to protect our borders?

George had his shot and he blew it. Plain and simple. Let somebody else try.

Comment

oh, God ... here we go again... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll take this one thank you.

There are no question marks around Kerry or his campaign. - Are you serious ??? How about the question of where he stand on almost every issue. Flip Flop.

Why did he attack a country that had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks of 9/11? - Because Sadam was the most evil person to walk the face of the planet since Hitler and is responsible for more than 500,000 deaths. He would eventually have Nukes and that is totally unacceptable.

Why has he put the lives of our soldiers at risk so he and his cronies can profit from the war? - I am sick of the ranting that Bush went to war for money or oil. If we wet to war for $$$ or oil we would have confiscated all of the Iraq oil in 1991.

Why did he lie to us about weapons of mass destruction? – HE NEVER LIED !!!! He was fed faulty Intelligence. Every politician (Clinton and Kerry included) and every Intelligence Agency on the planet is on the record stating Sadam HAD the weapons of mass destruction. He had them and used them after the 1st. gulf war. Where did they go ???? As per one of the MANY UN Resolutions he was supposed to account for all his weapons. He never did.

Why can't he create jobs for Americans? - He inherited Clinton’s recession. FACT. None of his economic policies were even implemented until after he was in office for over 8 years.

Why is our country hated around the globe? - We aren’t. You major LIBERAL news organizations will surely not show you the other side while Bush is in office.

Why can't he put proper measures in place to protect our borders? - You can’t exactly close our borders.

George had his shot and he blew it. Plain and simple. Let somebody else try. – Bush is the only President to finally take it to the enemy. We had 3 major acts of war against our country during Clinton’s watch and he did NOTHING. His tax cuts have stimulated the economy.

Bush will win. I just hope Hillary can be beat in 4 years.

Matt

Comment

Thanks Matt...

That's all I'm gonna do in these political threads for now on.

I'll just thank the ones who save me time typing what I'm thinkin'..

Thanks,

Billy Z Bubs

BTW ..Religion anyone...??!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's supposed to say 8 MONTHS, not years. My Bad.

Comment

one of my pet peeves. the president, ANY PRESIDENT cannot create jobs and neither is it his responsibility. it lies entirely with the private sector. do you really think the president can tell let's say boeing for example, "you need to create 1000 jobs." at best the president can create low level civil service jobs but he has to wangle through a sea of red tape and contracts.
                      anyway i gotta go to work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

While I agree 100% with buzzsaww's comments re: presidents cannot create jobs what they can do is put in place economic policies that encourage job growth (lower taxes anyone?)

I do however believe that it's important to point out one lie that's been repeated over, and over, and over again by the left in this campaign. Namely that the Bush administration will be the first in a half century to have not created a single job during a 4-year term. That's the myth and here's the proof of the lie from thefederal Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Number Employed / Year
                        133,488,000 / Dec. 1999 (last year of Clinton presidency)
                        136,891,000 / Dec. 2000
                        136,933,000 / Dec. 2001
                        136,485,000 / Dec. 2002
                        137,736,000 / Dec. 2003
                        139,700,000 / Aug. 2004

Please tell me how the Kerry camp is arriving at the idea that 139,700,000 is less than 133,488,000. I did stop short of my Ph.D. in engineering but I've done enough math in my lifetime to look at these numbers and think that Kerry & the rest of the Dem's statements regarding employment are, shall we say, a bit disingenuous. At best.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I think a relative number of the labourpopulation would say a lot more and to be honest, I wonder how many of these jobs are created with the huge financing shortage the US currently has, the economy is currently boosted artificial, at least that is what we are told and the exchangerate Euro versus USD says a lot... so figures don't say everything.

and keep in mind there are 3 kinds of lies:

1. lies
                          2. damned lies
                          3. statistics

you can let statistics tell you everything you want, with the right formulas, models and assumptions. try to be discriminating between lies and truth (I am not saying what is truth or not, just making the point to remail critical)

Harrald

Comment

Thanks for answering all my questions point by point.

I feel my so much better now that I know the truth/party line.

Comment

George W is a great man. There are way too many armchair presidents out there who if they were faced with what he has on their plates would end up like a deer frozen in headlights...........

Comment

Working...
                              X