Robbin "KING" Crosby Story !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbin "KING" Crosby Story !

I know many of you have read this before.
    It was posted on Sludge yesterday so I am passing this here and hope some of you who haven't read can now.
    Curt is a member here.
    So check it out! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index...db482a228bc0ec

Re: Robbin \"KING\" Crosby Story !

<font color="yellow">Very moving words Curt

Curt Dudley (Hellraiser) has been one of, if not the, driving force behind this years YCE, the Robbin L Crosby "Big Red" Tribute and second installment of the JCF guitars.

The one thing I think of after reading this, and Curt's website (www.robbincrosby.net) and co-admined by Sully, is as Tekky said in another forum, respect.

To us, Robbin was a hero, somebody we wanted to be, to emulate, and a kick ass (albeit sadly underrated) guitarist with way cool guitars.

To Curt and Sully, Robbin was a friend dealing with some very real demons.

Robbin, sadly, never knew the impact he had on a lot of people. It is said that he was ecstatic that the JCF had people ready to pre-pay for a guitar built in honor of him.

I, like a bunch of others on the board, will be getting our Big Red's soon. To me, Big Red is much more than just a guitar. It is a memorial to one of my hero's from the 80's.

To Curt and Sully...thanks for sharing your memories of the big man with all of us to enjoy, and maybe turn people on to the magic that was Ratt.

</font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      <font color="yellow">Very moving words Curt

Curt Dudley (Hellraiser) has been one of, if not the, driving force behind this years YCE, the Robbin L Crosby "Big Red" Tribute and second installment of the JCF guitars.

The one thing I think of after reading this, and Curt's website (www.robbincrosby.net) and co-admined by Sully, is as Tekky said in another forum, respect.

To us, Robbin was a hero, somebody we wanted to be, to emulate, and a kick ass (albeit sadly underrated) guitarist with way cool guitars.

To Curt and Sully, Robbin was a friend dealing with some very real demons.

Robbin, sadly, never knew the impact he had on a lot of people. It is said that he was ecstatic that the JCF had people ready to pre-pay for a guitar built in honor of him.

I, like a bunch of others on the board, will be getting our Big Red's soon. To me, Big Red is much more than just a guitar. It is a memorial to one of my hero's from the 80's.

To Curt and Sully...thanks for sharing your memories of the big man with all of us to enjoy, and maybe turn people on to the magic that was Ratt.

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Well said Sam.....here-here [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

man, that was strong....
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Very touching words Curt &amp; as Dave posted,well said Sam!!R.I.P. Robbin!!We miss you "King"!!

Comment

Man, that is so awful. It makes me wish that someone could help out Jake E. Lee before it's too late for him.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Speechless... RIP "KING"

Comment

Makes you think, then it makes you appreciate life... RIP..
                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Very moving, Curt. Well said. Makes you stop and think what's really important.

Comment

Reading Curts story put tears in my eyes. I met Robbin, Warren, and Stephen one time after a concert in Tulsa ( I honestly don't remember when, around 1987 I'd guess) and I remember to this day that Robbin had a kind of "aura" about him. I can't explain it, but he was the one out of the three that seemed to be "real". He didn't seem as "ate up" with his success as the other two, but to me he was definitely the most talented of the three. He was a true musician and put his heart into his guitar playing. If there's any JCF members who are into heavy drugs please read the story. I'm not talking about having a few drinks and smoking a fattie, I'm talking to the ones who think that's not enough.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

yeah, i remember reading that interview, very moving. hit me just like jason becker's story on his website/

Comment

yeah, curt and i got an email from stevie rachelle the other day. he was understandibly moved, and wanted to put the journal on metal sludge, which of course we were more than happy to do.

and not to nitpick, sam, but robbincrosby.net is not curt's site, it's robbin's. of course, the idea for the site was something he and i were kicking around, and then i designed what you see.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          and not to nitpick, sam, but robbincrosby.net is not curt's site, it's robbin's. of course, the idea for the site was something he and i were kicking around, and then i designed what you see.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Sully...sorry about that...I assumed that you and Curt owned/operated the site.

It's great that Robbin's story is reaching a greater number of people.

Comment

we do own and operate it, but it's for robbin, not for our own personal recognition.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thanks for sharing that. very moving story.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                              X