Robbin "KING" Crosby Story !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robbin \"KING\" Crosby Story !

Yes it is. Heartbreaking, but Robbin's outlook through it all was uplifting too. He faced death with dignity. Even the return to drugs at the end, well if the end is near, why not? Most of us who quit drugs did so so we could live longer and better lives. If that wasn't in the cards, why not take some comfort at the end? I know that was very painful for Curt to see, but I hope in the end he'll see that.

What a waste of a great guy though. Why do the pricks live forever and the good die young?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words everyone...really.

Lerx...it took me a long time to realize but in retrospect I know now that he was beyond help when I met him. I naively thought that I could 'help' him get back on his feet and back into some kind of normalcy. I now fully realize (and I don't blame him a bit!)that he comforted himself with heroin at the end to ease the journey.

To be sure the Robbin site is a labor of love and Sully & I are only the messengers lucky enough to have been able to know & share his story.

Many have said (elsewhere) Robbin deserved what he got and destroyed himself...which in BRUTALLY literal terms, yes he probably did...but that is missing the essence of the HUMAN BEING that he was, with flaws, talent, hopes & dreams, family and everything else that goes with it.

One thing is certain, HE KNEW what he had done and he wanted NO PITY. A proud man to the end.

Enough rambling...in the end I have this to say to those people who want to 'blame' someone:At some point, it is too late to realize that you have a drug problem and you shouldn't have started in the first place...THAT is NOT a sin. It's called being human.
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Lerxstcat: "Why do the pricks live forever and the good die young?"

Hellraiser6502: "At some point, it is too late to realize that you have a drug problem and you shouldn't have started in the first place...THAT is NOT a sin. It's called being human"

Those words are profound guys.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

That was a great read...my g/f and I read it all and we both had tears in our eyes throughout. Thanks Curt!

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Curt,
            As you know, Robbin was one of by biggest infuences starting out on the guitar. I have read your journal several times, and each time I read it remindes me of my youth and the dependency that I went through in the late 1980's. It was a tough hurdle to overcome.

You and Sully need to again be commended on making sure that Robbin's memory is not forgotten. www.robbincrosby.net is the best website on the net for the "King"!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Best Regards,

Adrian
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              www.robbincrosby.net is the best website on the net for the "King"!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention, the only one! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, perhaps I should have said 'only'.

Ooops, my bad.:fart: [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Adrian
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

bump

Comment

This is one Rock icon that I've had trouble letting go of. When you think about it, we have lost so many talented musicians. I've gotten past the loss of all of them Except Robbins.

If any of you have ever seen the E true Hollywood story about Tawny Kitaen, You saw that Robbin was briefly mentioned as being her boyfriend in the early days of Ratt. Her father spoke very highly of Robbin. He mentioned what a good person he was. How many 80's LA Rockers can get that kind of compliment from a young girlfriends father. It's just another example of how much more than a Rockstar he was.

Thanks for getting this site up for Robbin guys. It couldn't have been done any better.
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Man, I bet I've read that journal 10 times and I read it again yesterday on sludge. It's easy to just see the "junkie", but there is a real person in there. Everyone has hopes, dreams, fears...some people choose this road and some people choose another, but we are all people.

[ QUOTE ]
                        At some point, it is too late to realize that you have a drug problem and you shouldn't have started in the first place...THAT is NOT a sin. It's called being human.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would add that we are all sinners. There isn't a degree of sin or a score card. We are all human and we are all sinners. It's easy to take comfort in someone elses pain. For some people (myself at times) it makes them feel better about there own situation. They tell themselves "at least I'm not that bad".

Curt's journal put's a human side to addiction that people don't always see. Thanks man [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I had a friend once with a self destructive type personality and attitude. When he was up, he was my best friend. We had some of the best times you could imagine. When he was down and I couldn't help him out, I didn't want to be around him. I told myself at the time that I didn't want to encourage him by watching him kill himself. During one of his up swings that lasted a long time, we were hanging out a lot. He was clearer, he shared more, and we became closer as friends than ever before. It was during this time that God took him in his sleep, pretty ironic.

I remember the good times, but I always think of the times when I could have been a better friend.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I remember the good times, but I always think of the times when I could have been a better friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Words to take time and think about, that's for sure..... </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                          X