RIP Cliff Burton - 9/27/86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Cliff Burton - 9/27/86

Didn't see any posts on this yet, but it was this day 18 years ago that Cliff was taken from us. I played Master Of Puppets on the air this afternoon as a small tribute.

Re: RIP Cliff Burton - 9/27/86

18years already passed!!??
    Man, I feel old.
    When I heard the news I was not even 18years old..

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Dude was bad ass and a real backbone of the band. Hew wrote alot of the lyrics and smoked weed, can`t beat that. I was in shock when I heard the news back then. I was 17 and a Junior in H.S. Jack.

Comment

Yeah, me neither.... I was just starting 9th grade.... Wow.... In fact, I had tickets to see them with Ozzy that year and when the accident happend Queensryche got the call.
        RIP Cliff.

Comment

I saw them with Ozzy that year in April and I was in a record store on this day in '86 and the guy behind the counter was calling people and asking if it was true, later that day we heard it on the news.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I saw them with Ozzy also, that show kicked ass!
            R.I.P. Cliff...... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

RIP Cliff!!! I was in 8th Grade... I had just got into Metallica... He was awesome!!!

Comment

Godammit, I knew today was the anniversary of something special, I just couldn't remember what. Anyway, I'll dedicate all the beers and sake bombs I did tonight in the honor of my favorite bass player. Rip Cliff...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Godammit, I knew today was the anniversary of something special, I just couldn't remember what.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Probably it was your wedding anniversary you have forgotten.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

...went to the local roller rink with a girlfriend; heard it on the radio in the parking lot, Cerritos, CA.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ROller rink?
                      Do you roller skate?

Comment

Used to... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wasn't a huge Cliff Burton fan ...

BUT

He was a righteous dude with a pure metal heart ...sad he's gone

I may have eventually became a fan if he had lived....and even maybe Metallica would still be a metal band.

R.I.P. Cliff
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow. I wish I saw this post a couple days ago. I liked Metallica before anyone knew who they were. My buddie Ray (manyaxes) let me hear No Remorse which he taped off the radio. Yeah, we go waaaayyyy back! It took over my soul! He was a smokin' bass player. RIP!

Comment

Cliff was the MAN!!!!!!!!! SALUTE.

Comment

Working...
                              X