Road Cases N stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Cases N stuff

Hey, I'm building a road case for my Mesa, because I don't see spending 200$ or even 100$ on one, when I can possibly do it, to my specs, for a bit cheaper.

I bought a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch ply, also picked up some hinges, and some handles, and some clasps (I would have liked to get the turning latches, but I could not seem to find them, and I kind of like making it a hinged lid that opens and closes with the clases (think guitar case latches, only heavy duty). The handles aren't as heavy as I'd like, so if anyone can point me in a good direction for them (Lowes didn't have them).

Anyway the real question is, that foam **** that's inside of them, what the hell is the term for it other than "Heavy foam for packing my crap up so it don't get banged around". and where the hell can I get it?

Thanks!

Also if someone can point me in the direction of a Road case for my Mesa for 75ish shipped, that'd be great.

Thanks again.

Re: Road Cases N stuff

Latches:
    Makertek Rack Latches

General rack stuffs..
    Markertek

I'll see what i have as far as who has foam...

Comment

Thanks. I'd like to buy one outright, but I'd rather fukk up making one first [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got my own little "blue prints" I've made up, but if you know of anywhere that puts their specs out there (more than likely not) maybe that would be of some help too, I'm going to google for that one, because it's probably going to require some digging.

Thanks again.

Comment

I may have some spare hardware at home...I think I have some extra butterfly latches and handles...they're all recessed stuff. Shoot me an email if you're interested with what you need and I'll check when I get home.

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
          X