Yankees vs. Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yankees vs. Red Sox

no problem kev, you can have the regular season series.
    i want the one that matters. you know the one i'm talkin' about kevvy mee boy!!!!
    the god honest truth is this-
    after schilling, the sox' staff is currently not all there.
    the yankees staff has not been there all year, so why change now, we're going with jenny mccarthy-lol
    the twins have johan santabanana, after him, radke scares me about as much as my sister. overrated are the twins.
    the angels have a strong bullpen,solid middle relief and closer. but their starting staff is quite beatable. you'll see. washburn is hittable, colon is a greasy, sweaty fajita
    headed elephant, and the yanks own sele. and let's not start talking about john lackey. the jcf team could knock him out of the box early. in other words, HE'S A BUSHER!!!
    if it's not yanks-sox, who cares?
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Supposedly I won't be 100% from this Pneumonia that I got for a least another month. Never knew it takes that long to recover. It sucks. Haven't had a beer in a month. It's killin' me. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, man, I'm just getting over the same! WTF is in the water up here?

The doc told me he didn't think it was pneumonia, but he's full of it. My little girl was diagnosed with it, and my wife and I were both just as bad. Honestly, I'll be switching physicians because of this incident. I'm fairly convinced that the docs at my practice - some of whom also currently/used to sit on my HMO's Board of Directors - are being conservative with health care to save the HMO money! When he told me my cough would last another 8 weeks (almost 3 months total!) and that was normal, I walked! [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Back to the subject at hand:

Yanks in 4 over the Twins.
      Sox in 6 over the Angels.
      Yanks in 6 or 7 over the Sox.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I got it when I was on vacation Tommy. The first doctor visit to the emergency room the doctor f'ed up and told me it was just a virus. 4 days later I went back to the emergency room with pneumonia. When I got back from a great vacation, that's sarcasm, I went and saw my doctor. He said I still had the pneumonia. Got a week left on these super potent antibiotics. Then a week for them to leave my system before I can drink beer. Apparently pneumonia takes a while for your lungs to heal even after it is gone. I heard a month to 6 months. Do yourself a favor and never get it. I like the Sox chances. That is until Francoma does something stupid. lol
        We must!
        We must!
        We must increase the bust!
        The bigger the better!
        The tighter the sweater!
        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Yeah shreddermon I got it from a coworker. She sent me on my nice 2 week vacation and 10th wedding anniversary with it. Made it in 4 days of my vacation and felt like crap. Told the stupid emergency room doctor it was bronchitis and a coworker got pneumonia from it. That was like talking to the burning bush though. My wife got it also. My voice is screwed. Of course yelling at the Sox/Yanks game with pneumonia didn't help it back on the 25th. Felt ok at the game though. Hopefully we'll both be a lot better come the ALCS. What did they give you for your pneumonia? The idiots at the emergency room gave me Zithromax. But that didn't work. Taking 2 weeks of something called Levaquin now. That seems to be doing the trick. And how the hell are the Sox going to win in 6 when there are only 5 games for the ALDS? Your as bad as Grady saving the Sox bullpen for last years ALCS game 8. lol
          We must!
          We must!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!

Comment

all you need to do is win 11 beautiful games and you're the world series champs.
            sorry about everyone's illness. i'm still ill too, don't worry-lol
            triple header tomorrow. it's a cool day indeed.
            i'm glad that the yankee game is at night.
            the ghosts don't come out in the daytime.

Comment

There are no more ghosts in the stadium. I went down there and put all of them in jars to sell on eBay. lol What do you got Tommy? We're all shittin' the bed this year. lol
              We must!
              We must!
              The bigger the better!
              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What did they give you for your pneumonia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nada. The @sshole told me it was "just a virus", I didn't have pneumonia, and I would get better in 2 or 3 weeks (4 or 5 total from the start). But the cough would last for another two months. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] He gave me a spray nasal decongestant, some stuff for the cough that didn't work a damn, and sent me on my way.

...And "on my way" I am going. To a different medical practice. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

As to the Division series, "doh!". I knew that. Brain [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] . [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

P.S.- My daughter was on some pretty heavy antibiotics, but I forget the name. And the pediatrician we take her to is at a different practice altogether. Not a coincidence. She's better now, and the wife and I are on the mend but not whole yet.

Comment

Did they do a chest X-ray at least? How do you feel now? The coworker that gave it to me just went back to the doctor this afternoon because it was coming back for her also after the Zithromax. My wife said a guy at her job got it. It's definitely in the area. They work in East Greenbush. Definitely do yourself and your wife a favor and get checked out by another doctor. It sounds like the same thing.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!

Comment

No X-rays. Just the typical stethescope (sp?) w/breathing and tapping, and a strept test. He didn't hear anything, so didn't feel X-ray tests were necessary. (...See what I mean about saving the HMO money? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

I'm doing better now, but not still only about 90%. I'll probably be back full in another week or so, except for the lingering cough from hell. And I'll be going to a different doc either way. Just a matter of whether - as a new patient - they'll only be working me up for a full physical or also following up on the illness.

And, yeah, we work in Albany so it's going around the area.

Comment

shreds,
                      go fukkin' cough on schilling will ya? and then go sit in their dugout for a few innings.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll go hack a couple of lugies into Shilling and Pedro's gatorade. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You guys nervous or something that you have to resort to such measures? lol I don't have to worry about the Yankee lineup. They have done the job on their own. And I read something the other day about a curse on the Yankees. I forget where it was. The curse of Zim they called it.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Yeah, I read that article. What a joke! We miss Zim, for sure. But his leaving wasn't that big an impact.

I think the writer compared it to Darth Vader leaving Yoda. I was like "Huh? WTF does that mean?" [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] That made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Vader became evil, so Yoda was better off without him. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ...If you're going to make a pop culture reference, at least do one that makes sense. He didn't have a clue what he was saying. What a maroon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

El Duque is saying game 3 will be a no go. Giambi is out and Loiza is in. And articles about how George destroyed the dynasty. Starting to look like the Boston media. lol
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Working...
                              X