Mt. St. Helen's not happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. St. Helen's not happy

Mother Nature sure has been in a bitchy mood this year. With all the stuff that has happend in Florida and now whats going on here in the North West, I'm not sure where it is safe. I was here when St. Helens blew in 1980 and let me tell ya, that sucked!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6092368/?gt1=5472
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Re: Mt. St. Helen\'s not happy

I remember watching the tv footage in 1980. Can't believe it's happening again. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font color="aqua">How close are you Eric? </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

About 100 miles away, but when talking volcano's that is not really that far. I all depends which way the wind is blowing is how it will effect us here. If the ash blows east it will shut down I-5 which is the main freeway to the seattle area. If the ash goes north it will hit our area. The ash has a silicone in it that scraches the hell out paint jobs and just chokes any engine (car, truck, planes, boats). There is no longer a top to the mountain, so it won't have the same impact like the first time, I hope. The mountain that would take Seattle off the map is Mount Ranier if it blew. Our friend Drag-racer would be FUKKED because Auburn I think is in it flow path!
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

It's just actually a little to happy, It's getting excited over the Hawks 3-0 start [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Oh ya I'm screwed if rainier goes
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

<font color="aqua">Well just stay the hell out of it's way and stay safe! </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I'm in Portland....if that biatch decides to really go it will get ugly here quick....I was actually just up there two weeks ago riding the Ape Caves / Lava Tubes Trail, and we were talking about how f*cked you would be if it went off - kind of eerie being up there. Sort of like riding your bike on the moon.

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Oh ya I'm screwed if rainier goes

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if Rainier goes we're all in for some serious **** up here.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

I still have a can of the ashes from 1980 somewhere around here.... Maybe I'll sell it on the bay.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Ya'll keep your heads down.....

Comment

Yeah, the scientists are saying it'sjust blowing off steam, literally. Still, want to bet that when it blows bigtime the next time, they'll be sitting around not expecting it again, and many tourists will die once again,
                      because they can't predict these things at all
                      just yet? I just hope no one happens to be within 20 miles of it when it really erupts again.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X