• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My day with the Stanley Cup.......

Cool s**t. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

wife and i got a chance to hang out with stanley the day after the dallas stars won it ('99) at a place called "big apple cafe" in arlington texas near dfw int'l airport.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Speechless,just like I always am when I see the Cup!!Damn I am dying for hockey but.......................

Comment

Speechless is exactly how you feel in its presence. Kind of like a 10 year old again.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I got to stand about 10 feet away from the cup year before last when the Devils won the cup and that thing just looks so amazing in person, as did the other trophies.

You'll notice the Devils are on there 3 times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My experience was great Shawn, but nothing compared to yours ! I just hope hockey comes back soon, as I hate other sports HAHA!
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

BTW, it weighs 35 pounds, not as heavy as I thought, and you should see the repairs on this thing. Its seen a hundred drops.

Shawn
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I dont mind the Devils, we just gotta keep the stinkin Flyers off of there. Cant stand em. Cant stand the fans(unless of course, they are JCF'ers) . The city is a pit. Bobby Clarke is a whining ****. Sorry Philly people. Even the Cup keeper said the same damn thing.

Knocking them out this year was alomst as great as winning the cup. Sent them all home crying.....

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

When Colorado last won the cup our great Raymond Bourque bought it home for us to revel in so I got a chance to get real close ot it, but not like you did. Fu**ing Bruins ownership could care less if the cup ever comes back here, as long as the Fleet center is full and the concession stands are bringing in the dough$$$$
                  Not only do you have chucksplatters old bullseye, but you get to touch the Stanly cup. Man the gods are smiling on you
                  [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Shawn, that is great. Thanks for sharing that experience. I could only wish that sometime before I die the cup will come to Chicago. The history and the majesty that is Lord Stanley's cup is absolutely amazing!!
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      When Colorado last won the cup our great Raymond Bourque bought it home

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I asked Phil what the nicest house he had been to, and he instantly said "Ray Bouque's house." Apparently a measly 14000 square foot palace.

Shawn
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

shawn,
                        it's seen over 100 drops because of the rangers. when they won in '94, they dragged it all over the city and partied like animals with it. i heard stories of it falling out of taxi cabs and rolling down broadway in a drunken haze. leave it to my team to be the thrashers of the cup.
                        glad you got to hang with it, breathe some luck into it for my rangers. we need it.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Bruins with a cup? God I wish, but I just can't see it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Amen ! I'm a Flyer hater too. My Dad and Brother are Flyers fans. Just when after all these years my brother finally started to admit the Devils were the superior team, the flyers get lucky and beat them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I was so glad Tampa knocked them out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Dude, that is the SH!T!!! How cool is that????

[ QUOTE ]
                              thanks for the great pictures Shawn, those are so sweet...greatest trophy, prize of all of sports. The history of that Cup and the stories behind it. I don't make a big deal over anything, but the cup leaves me in awe..

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more! I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time at a private party with the Avalanche with the cup, and it's truly an experience! One to treasure forever!

Pat

Comment

Thanks Pat, yeah, actually, we plan to win it every year, so I can do this from now until death.

Shawn [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
                                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X