first gig with my current band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first gig with my current band

finally, after a year of existance (ok, in the present formation only 4 months or so, with a 1.5 month leave) we did our first gig at a students party in my university town. the audience was somewhat larger than we anticipated (I think somewhere between 50 and 100 in very little room), but that was way cool. it was the first time to gig my current equipment and I was curious how it would hold up and honestly, I was stunned by my tone [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] with a mesa quad/fifty-fifty amp combi with a marshall 1960 cab and a Charvel model 6 (loaded with dimarzio steve's special and a SD screamin demon).

we are a coverband, no originals, but the current line-op consists of several really good musicians, only our singer is a weak point, she has to learn a lot I guess. I play lead guitar and do vocals; some songs lead vocals, others backing vocals. Our range of songs was also quite big, from dutch pop/rock to more well known rock/'80 metal, some low profile stuff, some more technical stuff. I must say, taking into account we were a first timer band (only the bass player and I have gigging experience), we rocked the party considerably, if we were a normal experienced band, I'd say we simply blew the roof off [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. the audience was great (and at the end of the gig quite drunk) and everybody had a good time I guess, lots of ppl singing along etc etc etc.
    to go short, a really great experience and I think we are going to do this a LOT more often.

some pix (quite large, dial in warning!!!!)
    singer and I during "charlie big potato" by skunk anansie
    me during "run to the water" by live
    jumping audience during 'narcotic" by liquido

Harrald

Re: first gig with my current band

congratulations Harrald, lools like a great time.

some of my favorite gigs were not the ones with tons of people or my best playing or sounding. When the crowd is totally into it an having a blast, those are the good ones [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also love what you did to the Model 6.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Congrats!
      That guitar graphic looks like the one Scott Ian has on his guitar.
      Matrix graphic I should say?
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Congrats!
        That guitar graphic looks like the one Scott Ian has on his guitar.
        Matrix graphic I should say?
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuppers. That's the one! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Congrats Harrald! That is really awesome. Here's to more! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

tanx, when I had my guitar repainted that way - matrix graphic indeed - I did not know about scot ian and his graphic, otherwise I would not have done it I think... because it wouldn't be original, ah well, thanx etc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

dude...you're stuck now like the rest of us...playing live is a drug...and you felt it...lol...welcome to the club...glad you had such a great gig...d.m.
            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I already knew the drug and its addictive effect, but I have never had a band with which I had more than one gig and this is the first band with which that is gonna happen. so I guess I'm going to be a junk for the rest of my days

harrald

Comment

Congrats. I hope to be on stage someday too....I didn't realize how hard it was to find people for a band. GGRRR...

Comment

Working...
                X